News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Dr. told me today that I have fibromyalgia

Started by slickt, April 22, 2015, 03:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slickt

My rheumatologist told me today that my diagnosis is fibromyalgia . I don't know how to take this , on one hand I am glad to finally know what has been causing me all of the pain and confusetion of what is wrong with me, on the other now I know I have a life with fibro now . don't know what to do . help please

Gearhead4Life

I understand exactly how you feel. I was just recently diagnosed myself, and now I'm on medication for it. We are all here for you. I am still learning about what causes the flares and what helps. I have to see a rheumatologist as part of the next step.

Barberian

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear ya got da Fibro. Lots of experience here with it from mild to severe, to very severe. Ask away, bitch away, whatever ya need.

Robby

Welcome Beads

Hate to meet under these circumstances. It was 13 years ago, but I remember the feelings well. You have to learn to find the positive, that is the only way to make it. After all these years these last few months have been rough on me, and I have to admit that I have been on the verge of Suicide because I just don't know how much longer I can take this. But, today I started looking at a humor site on facebook, (which I've got stuff to post), and right now I'm in a good mood despite the worst. If on the main page you scroll down to the humor section, I have a picture (and a video) thread of posters that I think will bring someone some laughs. Some of them are pretty dumb, but that is what makes 'em funny, have a look.

I don't know if you've done any research or not, but spend some time here first, what you find here is REAL, this is what Men With Fibro actually go through, and what the site is all about. After  you learn the truth check the other sites. When looking at medical sites make sure you find sites from reputable agencies, don't look at pages from just anybody, a lot of people are putting out false information. I can give you a couple of sites I trust, they have their agenda also but you can believe most of what you see.

I look forward to getting to know you, and learning from you, as you learn from us. It may be tempting to stop visiting us, but don't do that, you need all the help you can get, we all do, and we need you as much as you need us, so stick around and we'll try to have some fun, when we're not sleeping.  :sleep1:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

slickt

Thanks everybody !! My Doc is starting me out on Lyrica 75MG  for pain . I was wondering if anyone could tell me how good this medication works for pain.
robbyk I am going to check out your pictures and videos it has been a tuff day for me and I need a good laugh!!!!!!  Thanks man !!!!

Lonesome George

Welcome....If you start having reactions to the Lyrica, don't be afraid to stop taking it. It's your body and your money, not the doctors.

looneylane

Welcome! There are some real knowledgable people here

Robby

slick, I've been taking Lyrica for about 13 years, and for me it is wonderful. It drops my pain level a good 3-5 points depending on the day. I have several pills that drop my pain that much, so probably a total of 15-20 points on a 10 point scale, and I still hit 8-9, I don't want to think what it would be without any of these LOL. But yeah Lyrica works great for some, others it's a nightmare, just try it a week or two, and then decide if wan't to keep taking it or not, it will take several days to over a week before it starts to work usually, so don't give up too quick. Oh yeah, sometimes you get some temporary side affects that will go away after a few days, so keep that in mind, but as George said, don't be afraid to stop taking anything it is YOUR body, you know what's happening more than the dr. does.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

We all react differently to medications so just take it as it comes, whether that be improvement or not.

As for the Fibro diagnosis, learn as much as you can to help combat your FiBro enemy.  You have found the best site going for learning how it affects us and what to do for it.  You at least have a name for it now and a lead for searching out info.  There is no cure, but it will not kill you either.  Men are affected differently than women by this.

When you have a chance - Tell us more about how you came to be diagnosed and what you have tried to help with the symptoms up till now.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

kingd

Quote from: slickt on April 22, 2015, 05:47:27 PM
Thanks everybody !! My Doc is starting me out on Lyrica 75MG  for pain . I was wondering if anyone could tell me how good this medication works for pain.
robbyk I am going to check out your pictures and videos it has been a tuff day for me and I need a good laugh!!!!!!  Thanks man !!!!

Welcome to the site!
  Meds affect people differently,When I was diagnosed, I was trying different meds almost weekly until things started to help. 

db

Welcome,

Keep in mind that it usually takes years for the good doctors to decide it must be nothing else so hey........you must have Fibro!!!!  old-man/cane

I knew years before they decided it must be so.  Anyways, it's good they made a conclusion because they can finally start giving you better drugs and letters explaining your condition to employers eta...

The drugs seemed to be helpful to most of us.  It took me several tries to find the drugs that work best for me.  It's just very hard when you feel very bad all the time.  I had to give up Lyrica and found I was ok just using Neurontin.  Neither do much for my pain though.  My pain seems to mostly from chronic myofascial pain.  If you have it, think about accupuncture.  It is the only thing that helps with my pain.  Well, resting helps allot too.  I didn't think giving up Lyrica it would be ok, but it was.   :)  

db
:LOL:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk