News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

A Cautionary Tale

Started by Lori, October 09, 2008, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

More than 5 years ago ... I stopped going to a forum that I had been going to since 97.

I left under extreme circumstances ... I was being accused of doing stuff I didn't do by some very angry, paranoid people.   And was sooo thankful when I found (or was invited to) the Men's site which was then just starting up.

And ... as you know or may remember ... in Feb (I think) I will have been here or with "you guys" 3 years ... after Don aka Skull talked me into joining  :D

Anyway, after I had left the first forum and as I thought back on my time there ... I couldn't believe I hadn't left years earlier.   They were always arguing & complaining about something & with each other.  But there was a group of us that tried to keep the forum & members positive ... and tried to help those that came there for support.

Well ... I went back there ... as I sat here not able to get back to sleep   :insane:

FIVE YEARS LATER ... they are still going on about the same argument that was going on that caused me to leave.  I was STILL being accused of things I didn't do.   And the posts ... one after another ... (pardon my French) were nothing but <naughty word>ing & complaining ... arguing & accusing.

One Newbie posted that she had just been diagnosed with this "disease".   She got ONE response ... "its a SYNDROME not a disease".  I felt so sorry for her.   :cry:

There is a lot ... and I mean a LOT of posting goes on there ... but I didn't see any that were helpful to anyone.   They were all just basically arguing, criticizing & yelling at each other.   What a pathetic group of people.  One poster I was thinking was at least trying to be helpful & informative ... until I saw where someone questioned something in the post ... and the poster verbally tore the persons head off.   I thought it was a perfectly legitimate question ...

I don't know how anyone could stand having that much negativity in their life.  How the members there could remain being members.   Its just mind boggling,

But it sure makes a person appreciate forums like this and the Men's site. :D

Source: Title: Went to an old forum I used to go to ... it was just ... pathetic
Post by: Peter on October 13, 2007, 07:00:15 AM
🙋‍♀️

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk