News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Musical hallucinations and their relationship to neurological disease

Started by ronr, October 09, 2015, 09:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/10/06/brain.awv286.abstract?papetoc

Oh Great!  Now I can worry about this when a tune is stuck in my head.

The phenomenon of musical hallucinations, in which individuals perceive music in the absence of an external auditory stimulus, has been described sparingly in the literature through small case reports and series. Musical hallucinations have been linked to multiple associated conditions, including psychiatric and neurologic disease, brain lesions, drug effect, and hearing impairment. This study aimed to review the demographics of subjects with musical hallucinations and to determine the prevalence of neurological disorders, particularly neurodegenerative disease.

full article(not long) at: http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/10/06/brain.awv286.abstract?papetoc
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

I think, and strongly hope, that they mean actual auditory hallucinations... where you actually believe you hear the music playing.  I get tunes stuck in my head all the time but it wasn't until I tried Lyrica that I actually started hearing things that weren't there... voices and noises...  I'm guessing that the music they are talking about would be that kind of thing. 

Makes me wonder if this is what every Disney prince and princess suffers from... orchestra on cue when there's no orchestra anywhere near them??  Makes you think doesn't it!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

I get audio feedback all the time and sometimes it feels like music I know

foxgrove

on second thought, maybe the tinnitus in my head could be considered music.  I mean, they call what Justin Bleeper makes "music" so I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.  :biggrin: :lmao:

Foxgrove

Robby

My tinnitus sounds like music most of the time, but when I take Lortab, I actually (uh-uhm) "Sing" to the radio even though the radio isn't on. I mean I actually hear a radio clearly, I even hear the DJ's, well between the dragon's and house size spiders attacking me and earthquakes actually throwing me out of bed.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Hmmmm.. ok, so you're saying Lortab = bad trip.  Hmmmm... maybe that's not the best med for you!!  :yikes:

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on October 14, 2015, 07:09:54 AM
Hmmmm.. ok, so you're saying Lortab = bad trip.  Hmmmm... maybe that's not the best med for you!!  :yikes:

I have lortab and ambien listed as drug allergies just to be safe.  But out of the two lortab, is the tame one.  I took ambien twice the first night we chalked it up to a bad dream, the second night Dawn had to run out of the bedroom and lock me in, because I was so violent that after hitting and choking her, I broke two lamps and put 5 or 6 holes in the wall and never woke up, and remembered nothing the next day.
/>----------

foxgrove

Foxgrove

denny

I had auditory halus... but it was laughter not music.
Go figure.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on October 14, 2015, 08:43:00 AM
OK.... so lortab = cujo, ambien = Jurassic Park??  :insane:

Well, lortab I remember watching pictures and other stuff fall off shelves and the wall during an earthquake we didn't have, a purple dragon that breathed fire walked by the broken window (from the earthquake we didn't have), and then a giant spider stepped across my bed. I say stepped across the bed because it was having to scrunch down below the ceiling, yes that big. I thought I would have a heart attack before it wore off. Mom and dad were running in my room every 5 minutes when I started screaming. The bad part I was wide awake,and remember all of it.
/>----------

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Right.... I'd likely want to take any lortab like things off the menu as well!!!!  :yikes:

Foxgrove

looneylane

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk