News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pickels for RLS

Started by Robby, December 17, 2015, 06:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I know this has been discussed, but it was a while back, too long to resurrect. Last night Dawn brought home some fried pickels from a work Christmas party. I ate two and when I went too bed a couple of hours later I noticed that my legs felt better than they have in years. So I got up and ate another one, (like I needed an excuse). My legs did not hurt all night. I will be experimenting further, again like I need an excuse.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

TMSIII

Never mind a good pickle, but I can't say as I noticed my RLS improving do to my consumption. Though I tend to have several a week. Perhaps it's tolerance. :laughbounce2:

Mebe it's the oil and the coating. Perhaps they used velvet beans in the crust. :biggrin:

But I'm glad it helps. The meds work for me but I totaly take them differently than the doctor ordered.

T3

countryboy

As my grandmother told me (and I am old)......when the legs start to hurt, drink some dill pickle juice.  It works most every time for me and the leg cramps.  Been doing it for over 60 years now.   :clapping:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Robby

The meds help, but not enough. I still lay awake with my legs burning, or worse have to get up because I can't keep them still, even with the adjustable bed.

But I have noticed that today they have hurt worse than normal. So I'll try it for a while and see. I mean I used to eat pickels like crazy when I was young,  for several years, During those years I was much much more active, probably the best years of my life physically, looking back. Then life got in the way...

On another note, I use the the SwiftKey keyboard, one of the "A. I." or "smart, learning keyboards" so it was ironic that while typing "dur" of during, it predicted "Duran-Duran", even my keyboard knows I'm old  old-man/cane  :emolaugh:
/>----------

TMSIII

OLD!!! WHipersnapper!

Got more than a half decade on ya. And if my keyboard substituted druan duran for dur I'd beat it to an inch of it's life.  :emobash:

denny

You wippersnappers be still now.
Have some respect for your elders! old-man/cane :lmao:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

Someone snapped my whipper?  :blush:

Robby

HEY!!!  I'm Fibrold.  old-man/cane  :rotfl:

and for your information I like Duran-Duran!
/>----------

TMSIII

foxgrove

...you'll note that he actually admitted that in a public forum so there's no take backs!!!  We're witnesses!!!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

foxgrove

Hoping it works out well for me.. Legs have been in agony for a few days now.  Jo picked up pickles today so I had a glass.  Yummy but funny tasting burps afterward.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

Robby

Im actually going to start eating 2 at night and one mid-morning, because I've noticed that my whole body feels better all day. But fox try eating the pickels before drinking the juice, you still get the juice, if you drink all the juice the pickels dry out, and I'm thinking it's something with the cucumber being changed in the pickling process.
/>----------

denny

Will it work with sweet pickels?
I much prefer sweet pickles.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Quote from: denny on December 20, 2015, 01:42:06 PM
Will it work with sweet pickels?
I much prefer sweet pickles.

I'm assuming it will. I just started with dill, it's what we grabbed. I'm going after bread&butter or sweet next.
/>----------

foxgrove

Oh absolutely!!  I've never met an opened pickle jar I didn't sample.. :lmao: Today was another pickle day... family gathering... musta had them refill that pickle plate three times.  :biggrin:

dills, sweet&sour, bread&butter, spicy, etc etc etc... love my dills crispy but other than that, I'm an equal opportunity pickle napper. ;)

Foxgrove

Robby

Well, it's been 3, no 4, well however long it's been, I do know it's been one whole jar of pickles and I'll be starting to drink the juice tonight.

But, so far if I eat 2 pickles at night, and then eat 1 in the morning not only do my legs feel better and I sleep better for 24 hours, but my whole body feels better for 24 hours. I don't know how well it will work with just drinking the juice, as I'm thinking there is some nutrient or chemical in the cucumber that changes in the pickling process. If that's the case it will be more abundant in the pickle, but the juice will have a good bit. I'll let you know when I have sufficient data to say it's consistent.
/>----------

foxgrove

Doig much better today.  I gotta say the pickles did the trick that first day... most certainly made a huge difference in my ability to get them to calm down and the pain was significantly less by the second day.  Yay pickles!!!  Test 1 successful and positive.

Foxgrove

Robby

UPDATE: well after this much time here's where I am, I usually know by about 7pm if my legs will be hurting that night, if so I eat two or three spears, or a handful of sliced, and I'm good the rest of the night. As long as it's RLS, if it's fibro, that's a different story, but I can tell the difference. So if you haven't tried it yet, do so, it works.
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk