News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Hard bumps under my skin that dont go away?

Started by fibrofool, March 10, 2009, 05:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRPFan

I too get lots of boil like infections all over my body and I mean all over. 9 years ago I have a huge boil in my large intestines right close to my rectum.

So on my Birthday I had to have emergency surgery @ 6:00 PM that day. They cut everything open from the back door and went in and removed it. The Doc told me it was a real good thing that I came in when I did, if it had opened up inside I would have really had to fight for me life!

The Doc did a great job because the back door works real nice and I can totally understand that you have to know what you are doing in order to get it right.

fischerr1

The proverbial pain in the ass. That had to be one of the worst birthday's ever.

fischerr1

Quote from: foxgrove on July 30, 2009, 08:47:01 AM
From what you are describing, it sounds more like what my brother suffers from.  My brother John has a moderately severe case of  neurofibromytosis.  If you do a search on the web you are likely going to find mostly extreme cases where the entire body is covered in tumors or grossly disfigured but it comes in all flavors from simple cafĂ© au lait spots to a few bumps to the far extremes like the Joseph Merrick, the original "Elephant Man".   :dunno:

In any case bro.. be well.  :budy:

My bumps are symmetrical, non-protruding and often are only felt and not seen. They may develop a red inflamed color, but never a dark color like the Cafe au lait spots. they are also transient and haven't needed surgery for removable. I seem to get most of mine behind and on my ears and in the scalp. Most are small 2-3 mm. the bigger ones are the painful bumps and they usually max out at 5-7 mm. One of the worst was in my nose and I had to swab it with lidocaine until I lanced it, it drained two days later, and then healed over. I know they sound like acne, but I have those too and they behave and feel much different. Thanks for the suggestions as to what they are.

rwilli

:)   I have had cyst's  in those areas.   ronw

popeye

Don't pick, as our mothers would say, you can cause an infection. Most of us have a weak immune system, so avoid infection at all times.

I have one on my shoulder. MMMM.....Sounds like we all have something else in common.

chris777

I have had several boils, the past several years, some would drain, others were too deep, or didn't have puss, I just though it was something you get when you get older, now I am not so sure. But they are like super thick and sometimes deep, pimples. I have had them on my thighs, butt, ears, and sometimes chest.

I googled morgelons and that looked like something a freind of mine had, he always had welts on his arms, and legs.

I need to read up on the official stuff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk