News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Treatment for fibro, using sound. (helps? with the pain)

Started by AchinDude, March 15, 2009, 09:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchinDude

Just recently, I had email from a couple of guys wanting to know more about sound treatments for pain, associated with fibro.

To be honest, I'd never heard of it, and I just ran across this.

SO......... direct from the FWIW Department:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About Jennifer, Acutonics ® Practitioner, BA in Psychology, RVT, RDMS
ennifer is an Acutonics ® Practitioner at Om Enerji – she uses sound in a therapeutic way. Several years ago, she started her journey with sound by becoming a Registered Vascular Technologist as well as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (otherwise known as an ultrasound technologist). She has 6 years experience using sound as a diagnostic tool in a traditional medical setting. Because of her interest in the mechanics of sound and its healing influence on the body, she experienced her own sound therapy session with a Certified Acutonics ® Practitioner/Instructor and soon after, took the necessary classes to become an Acutonics ® Practitioner. She is very excited to introduce this transformational healing therapy to Charlotte and the surrounding areas.

Q: Why did you decide to become a sound therapist?
A:  While I enjoyed working as an ultrasound technologist, I felt there was more that I could do to help people. I began researching healing with sound by reading the book Sounds of Healing by Dr. Mitchell Gaynor. I actually took notes as I read this book and I had never done this before. I knew by my actions that I wanted to learn all I could about sound therapy. Through my research, I found the Acutonics® Healing System and decided to pursue this type of sound therapy. I love the blend of vibrational healing with the frequencies of the universe and with Traditional Chinese Medicine. It's a great balance of science and intuition.

Q: How is sound therapy different from acupuncture? How is it done?
A:  My sound therapy is based on the Acutonics ® Healing System which is an energy-based, non-invasive treatment that is comparable to acupuncture. The difference is that I use precision-calibrated tuning forks rather than needles on acupuncture points of the body. When the tuning forks are applied to specific acupuncture points, they activate and balance the body's energy fields, fostering healing and inner harmony. These tuning forks represent the harmonic frequencies of the sun, moon, earth and other planets.

The sound waves of the tuning forks travel deeply into the body along energy meridians, influencing human physiology and traveling to places not easily reached by Western medicine. This work is very transformational; it can alleviate chronic and debilitating diseases for which Western medicine often cannot treat. There are thousands of case studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of this modality. For more information on Sound Therapy and how it works, click here.

Q: Where did you go to school? What other training do you have?

The Center of Oriental and Harmonic Medicine in Winston-Salem, NC (For Acutonics® Sound Therapy)
South Piedmont Community College in Monroe, NC (for my Medical Sonography degree. I am a Registered Vascular Technologist as well as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer). As an ultrasound technologist, I learned the complicated physics of sound that I now apply in my sound therapy treatments.
Meredith College in Raleigh, NC (BA in Psychology)

Q: What sets you apart as a sound therapist from others?
A:  The tuning forks I use are very high quality and precisely calibrated to exacting standards. I use over 50 forks which allow me to treat specific conditions. For example, I use a certain fork to aid in inflammation, another that helps clear sinus pressure and others that balance yin/yang energies. I combine these specific forks with acupuncture points that correspond with the client's individualized needs – with amazing results. One of my clients had knee surgery and was using crutches when she came to see me for her first visit and has not used them since her first session and continues to progress.

Q: Who and what do you treat with Sound Therapy?
A:  Acutonics® sound therapy is effective in treating people of all ages. Conditions that have been successfully treated: • Stress • Depression • Anxiety • Insomnia • Asthma • Allergies • Gastrointestinal Disorders • Irritable Bowel • PMS • Menstrual Disorders • Menopause • Sinus Infections • Acute & Chronic Pain • Fibromyalgia • Peripheral Neuropathy • Infertility • Stroke Residuals • Fatigue • Environmental Illness • Migraines • Arthritis • Tendonitis • Balance • Common colds

Q: Is there anything else that you would want people to know about you or Sound Therapy?
A: In my work at OmEnerji, I use vibrating tuning forks on acupuncture points of the body. I also work with the meridians of the body. Meridians are like highways that carry energy throughout the body. Stress, poor diet, environmental toxins and old injuries are some factors that cause "road-blocks." When I place a fork on an acupuncture point, the cells along the meridian vibrate at the same frequency as the fork, thus clearing and balancing the entire meridian.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4683-Charlotte-Wellness-Examiner~y2009m3d13-Sound-Therapist-Jennifer-Thompson
-------------
MWF ADM/Owner

megabyte405

I will admit it sounds a little hokey, but I know acupuncture works well.  I seem to think I might have had something like this before, but I can't remember when/where.  The copious use of trademarks concerns me a bit, but then again maybe I'm just a little prejudiced against things like that since they can sound more like money-makers than people-helpers.

BrianB

Well I will say just listening to music on my mp3 player can be very relaxing so sound might help in that aspect who knows.

rwilli

:)   I had a few ultrasound treatments at the shipyard I worked at and the heat was nice. Something I would of liked to do long term.        Ron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk