News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Anyone have med reports go to wrong place?

Started by noscubadan, August 29, 2016, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noscubadan

Just got a copy of med report  from IME and it has my personal info in it I mean some of my personal med records. What do you do?

Barberian

Isn't that what reports are for, or am I missing something? Basic info used to track my record from others is ok for me. My life history is another matter.

Robby

Not much other than complain, but do you really want to piss off the doc? I mean they might stop treating you. I'm assuming it went to another medical clinic, if that's the case your file isn't any different than the one's they see everyday, and the same confidentiality rules apply. So other than your rights being disrespected not much harm done. That's if it was another medical clinic they went too.  
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

noscubadan

No thats not the prob. my personal info not  work comp

foxgrove

I'm a little naive when it comes to that side of things... what's the issue at stake?  Is it the sharing of personal info or that it went to someone you didn't authorize or that they have it to begin with?  I find that with today's privacy rules, information is very carefully shared between doctors, often to the point of leaving really important information out.  Of course, I'm in Canadian Privacy Act-ville and you're in Hippa land.  Who knows??

Hope you're able to get things sorted out in a calm manner.  If you want things done quickly, never raise your voice!!!  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

I found out my old dr shared confidential parts of my medical record with at least one receptionist. Not a nurse just a receptionist and when I told a nurse receptionist friend o mine from the city what the receptionist new she blew her top as she as a nurse would only know that information if I personally told her as the dr is not allowed to and she is not allowed to read that info without my direct permission. Hence one more reason why I am now travelling an hour to see a doctor.. I cannot trust my doc to be professional in even the slightest way. :emobadmod: :emobadmod: :emobadmod: :emobadmod: :emorant: :emocurse: :emomad2: :emowall: If he had asked I would have probably given permission if he had a legitimate reason so that makes it worse in my eyes.

db

Yes, I've had my medical records exposed.  My union wanted to file a complaint but I just let it go.  I try to be careful about providing information that is not necessary.  They are required to provide confidentiality but there doesn't seem to be allot of protection out there.  If you can prove you were harmed you might be able to get some compensation.  But even then, it's tough to get justice.  : :( :

db

denny

Can you complain?
At least it may not happen again if you do.
Damage done this time. : :( :
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

The whole IME process is a pile of crap.  The company hires a doc to say that you are able to work and it is just a sideline to them that any other doc records are involved.  The company digs and sends investigators to try to catch you doing something you are not supposed to.

I always said, send them on and I'll try to recite a list to them of all the things I need done and am unable to complete myself - Like standing long enough to do anything, maybe walk around the block, etc.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

noscubadan

I keep calling records department  They do not answer or return my messages. WTF. I Really hate dealing with medical offices!!!!

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

How did the IME get the information... that's the real key here.  Is there anything that you signed that gave them permission to request files from your doctor and if not, how screwed are they when the HIPAA complaint comes in?

here's your HIPPA complaint form: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf

Sorry I didn't understand earlier.  Really foggy lately.  I take it the IME was requested by the insurance folks.  I hate insurance company policies that strip good doctors of their voice and substitute generic doctor X's voice because they work for the insurance company.  Geez... sounds like a conflict of interest just a wee bit now don't you think?  Asswipes!!  :emorant:  Been through the investigations and the IME process and got shafted once and victorious once.  Something NOBODY should ever have to endure, much less one fighting for their health at the time!

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

noscubadan

Gave them permission to my work comp records but somehow some of my personal were in there. Spoke with their records dept yesterday told me they were going to look into it and get back with me. Damage Done anyway!!!!! My Attorney said they are allowed access to my personal records? Is this correct

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk