News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Opioid use fall with MMJ legalization

Started by ronr, September 23, 2016, 09:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

Thursday, 22 September 2016

Opioid Prevalence Falls Medical Cannabis Legalization
New York, NY: The implementation of medical marijuana programs is associated with a decrease in the prevalence of opioids detected among fatally injured drivers, according to data published online ahead of print in the American Journal of Public Health.

Researchers at Columbia University in New York and the University of California at Davis performed a between-state comparison of opioid positivity rates in fatal car accidents in 18 states. Authors reported that drivers between the ages of 21 and 40 who resided in states that permitted medical marijuana use were significantly less likely to test positive for opioids than were similar drivers in jurisdictions that did not have such programs in place.

They concluded, "Operational MMLs (medical marijuana laws) are associated with reductions in opioid positivity among 21 to 40-year-old fatally injured drivers and may reduce opioid use and overdose."

Prior studies have determined that medical cannabis access is associated with lower rates of opioid use, abuse, and mortality. Most recently, a 2016 study published in the journal Health Affairs reported a significant decrease in the use of prescription medications following the implementation of medical marijuana programs.

http://norml.org/news/2016/09/22/study-opioid-prevalence-falls-following-medical-cannabis-legalization
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Thank you... saw it this morning but couldn't remember how to post it.  ArrrrggghhH!!!  I feel like a zombie... Braaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnzzzzzz!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

Ah Ha! Zombie thoughts!
Someone get ready to mercy the poor guy. :rotfl:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

noscubadan

Hope one day the state of Wis will figure this out. Heroin deaths are through the roof for young people in this state. As is opioid use which is nooo good for me. They label ME the bad guy!!!!! :1115:

willie

Ohio just legalized medical marijuana on Sept. 8 but they say it will be at least 2 years before we will be able to get it. It will only be oils and edibles. I wish there was some way to put a little fire under their asses to hurry things up a bit.

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

YEA OHIO !

It does take that long to get everything arranged and supplied.  First is all the doctor legalities, doctor training and the approval process.  The same goes for the dispensary approval.  So many per location, where those locations will be etc.  Then comes the same for the growers.  Just a pile of legal cap-ola for everyone involved. Laws, laws, laws.  Of course everyone has to be investigated by the authorities.

If you know a doctor that is pro MMJ you can establish a relationship now so that you will be on solid footing for a recommendation when the time comes.  But that does't mean that particular doc will get approval to prescribe it.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

countryboy

Here in Oregon we have mmj outlets or shops on many street corners.  They aren't even asking to see your medical
card any more.  Just limits on how much you can buy at once.  You are allowed up to 8 oz. at one time.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

OK... so what you're saying is I need to retire to Oregon.  Hmmm... never thought about that. ;) :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I will,after all,probably end up there.

Our mmj is delivered. :biggrin:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk