News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Anyway to influence the development of voice recognition software by Google

Started by rvsw, October 25, 2016, 01:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvsw

I developed severe pain in my neck, arms and wrists about 2 years ago. After that I have been only able to use voice recognition to work on computer.

The usage of mobile and tablets was almost impossible until Google introduced a voice recognition app called Google voice access in April 2016.

The application has several bugs but it made it possible for me to interact on email and sometimes on whatsapp and also makes calls for example to Social Security. Otherwise I had to ask someone to dial this for me.

. I have sent email and posted on Google forums to plead to consider developing this further but there has been no public announcement of the roadmap so far. I had volunteered to be a beta tester but that program is also dysfunctional

I was wondering if other people have similar issues and if it is possible for us as a group to request for releasing newer versions of it and perhaps volunteer in whatever way we can.

Robby

Quote from: rvsw on October 25, 2016, 01:14:56 AM
but that program is also dysfunctional

From my experience that is everything associated with Google. I don't know how they get anything done.

Sorry, I don't know anything else that might help you at the moment.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

rvsw

Thank you for your response. Well if there are enough people interested and if this website has got a legal entity then perhaps we can try contacting people in charge of these projects.

I used to be a programmer earlier and can probably dig out contacts within Google. There is funding within Google for projects that make a social impact. But we need to make a case for it. I only survive by using voice recognition. And I wonder if there are other people in the same boat

foxgrove

Google started out with a great idea and some very smart programmers.  Sadly, it's lost it's ability to listen to the little guy for quite some time now.  Got a little too big for their britches, I guess. 

As far as voice recognition software, I've been using and really like Nuance's Dragon Naturally.  It's not cheap but it does a good job.  That's how I do most of my typing now.  Of course, it took a LONG time to get there and I still have to go in and groom my messages afterward a bit.  Haven't found anything better... yet. ;)
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk