News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Last of an era

Started by denny, November 18, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

My old 1930s Crosley knock off turntable is dead.
Probably just a belt,but I'm not going in there, anytime soon anyway.
It's a cheepy but I was all set to listen to peer gynt.a record I got hooked on long ago.
I'm so sad : :( :

I think I enjoined vinyl more.vinyl rocks ya know? :punk:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Hard to find a descent turn table now a days even if you have ca$h.  Not like the good ole' days but we had better music back in them days.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

So good it never went away. Still popular today.
Today it's classical. old-man/cane

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

I still have stacks of vinyl but haven't owned a turntable in years.  I won't throw money after a cheap piece of garbage so I have to wait until I can "afford" one... or have someone drop one in my lap... hey, I can remain hopeful delusional if I want to. :biggrin:

Fortunately, I was able to get amazing cuts of my records before my table went permanently poof way back when.  Cut them a little while after the flak file type became possible so they're uncompressed and minty sound... just like my listening to my table again.  Well, maybe better seeing as I hated my amp but couldn't afford better.  {sigh}  The imagined tragedies of an audiophile.  :lmao:

Found a copy of Peer Gynt. Hope that helps a little.  :budy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iOwhNrPwY
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

That one is the soundtrack for the play.
Mine has no naritive,interesting expirence. Now I just need to learn german. :biggrin:
That was thoughtful fox,thanks.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

countryboy

When I was in high school, I had a player that only played 45s, but it ran on 3 C cell batteries.  It would last up to 4 hours on those batteries.  We took it everywhere.  Had great times when we went camping (along with about 4 cases of beer.  The girls thought it was great.   I was working part time a couple of nights at a local radio station doing cleaning, but I sure got a lot of vinyl for free for a couple of years.

The folks put it in a garage sale when I was in the service not knowing exactly what it was.  Sold it for $5.   :emobadmod:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

denny

It's hard to keep anything that long.
I had a 45 only but I have so many brothers I couldn't keep track of it.
All in a good cause. :biggrin:
Hey,maybe I got the one sold in that garage sale. :laughbounce2:
Possible not probable.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk