News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

The Nuthouse

Started by denny, May 16, 2017, 04:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

So I told my psychiatrIst" my primary doc told me I was tentatively,75% mental and 25% physical and he supposes my anxiety is making my pain worse than it is and that would be mental,his job done.."
So if that is so we need to get busy,right?
Because I'm in pain.

She(the srink)says she thinks I am more physical but in order to make myself look differently in other doctors eyes I should consider a stay in the mental hosp..
I kinda sorta understood what she meant.
It's not like I haven't been there before,I don't think it would be too awful terrible.

Ideas?
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Good grief!!!   >:(

I don't know about you but I refuse to check myself into a ward unless there is a really good reason.  I trust my sweetie to keep an eye on me to make sure I'm not slowly heading over the edge but I don't think that simply because I'm in excruciating chronic pain that I should place myself in psych care.  It just doesn't make any sense. 

My heart breaks for your condition.  Sorry you're going through that.  Praying for better doctors.  :smiley praying:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Olys45

Wow, I'd stay out of a psych ward unless I was making suicidal/homicidal remarks and/or statements.

My 2nd Amendment Freedoms mean too much to me.

Oly
A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

denny

If that's what it takes to treat my pain. old man w-cane

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

db

I would doubt such a stay would help.  I would assume that as the fibro gets worse we start to get a little (?) more crazy.  Not the other way around.  I know I got quite bad and the frustration of not knowing what to do and the lack of real help out there way driving me in that direction.  I was fortunate to find some relief but I think if I hadn't I am sure some people would just be writing me off by now. 

I remember one doc told me to just take more walk with my son and she wrote me a prescription for some anti-depressants.  It upset me allot at the time but now I understand why she did it.   old-man/cane  But I still don't think the doctors can evaluate and diagnose us worth a %$#^**!

Hang in there.  :sadhug:

db

denny

Think I'll ask my primary doc what he thinks.
He's really the one I need to impress.

Bad idea?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

My understanding of a stay in psychiatric facilities is not quite what most folks think it will be... Here's a little writeup from someone who was caught up in a bad reaction and ended up in psych care:  http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/five-lessons-i-learned-from-visiting-er-with-suicidal-ideation-0920137

While I know for a fact that hospital stays have saved many people's lives, I don't think it would be an appropriate place for you to try to recover from your pain issues.  If you're having thoughts of suicide, talk to someone like a psychologist or counsellor.  If you're making plans to commit suicide, get yourself to the safe ward and hand over your keys. 

Love you brother... I want the best for you. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

countryboy

Think long and hard before you make such a move.   You don't seem like the type of person that needs to be in a psych ward.  But then again, just writing in a post about yourself does not show us the whole picture.   Please talk to others in the medical field.    old-man/cane
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

DEL

If they run out of ideas they'll turn you into a Zombie who doesn't care about pain and call it success. Pain relief is not

their first priority because they will believe it is all in your head...your primary doesn't know what to do so saying you are

mental health is an easy dodge.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Lonesome George

Every doctor but one I went to during my disability process said I needed to seek mental health, especially the docs Social Security sent me too.  

They don't believe in fibro, they don't understand how we can go from doing ok, and a few hours later be in misery.  They see us walk, limp, or roll in, listen to our explanation of what is wrong with us,  find no definitive cause for our proclaimed pains, then assume we're mental and our pains are all in our heads.

Heck, I was even beginning to believe it was all mental because of the way my pain would change on a dime. Some of it may have been, but I know all wasn't. I may be working, but the pain I'm in and the severe limitations on what I can do as to what I used to could, and what I'm having to do to be able to work, all tell me it is physical, because I WANT to continue working. But, man is it hard. If I had a physical job there is no way.

Doctors are somewhat like mechanics.  They want to find something wrong, so if they can't find definite physical answer, it must me mental.  Same as with a mechanic that can never find something wrong with a car a customer keeps bringing back in for repair, yet the car never acts up for the mechanic.  At that point, the mechanic's answer is always the owner is imagining things.

denny

I'm not sure but I think it maybe have something
to do with having proof I'm being treated for anxity...maybe.

Thanks guys,I needed help on that one.
I just need to figure out if it would in my best intrest.
My biggest issue is not being able to predict the outcome of
my actions.
I got in more trouble that way. :giveup:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

DEL

May the Holy Spirit give you wisdom and guidance! :smiley praying:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Hollywood

Dam Denny: Maybe your doctors need to check in to the nuthouse?  I don't know where you are located.  But here in Miami it's HORRIBLE.
Remember my hospital stay a few years ago? Well after the coma , I had to be put in the mental ward. I couldn't get treated any other way. I NEVER EVER WANT TO SET FOOT IN ONE AGAIN.  They just give you so much drugs , I was a zombie for days. And if you refuse you get put into the rubber room, it's really a padded room about 10 by 5 feet and a thick door. I saw guys get put in them and they just left them there for a long time.

You have been given some great advice.  I believe any man that can't work and is in constant pain is going to be anxious! Who wouldn't be?

Your in my prayers Denny.
Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk