News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Aaaaand Now

Started by Robby, June 16, 2017, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Well, after the weekend of plumbing, now we have started to finish a remodel we started a year ago. We are mudding some sheetrock, mainly the corners. We put up some metal corner covers, and now we are doing the mudding. Personally, I'm doing as little as possible. But, there are a couple areas that I'm the only one tall enough to reach, and considering I'm only 5 ft 5 in (167.6cm) tall tells you just how short our family is  :laughbounce2:  There are also a few areas that are a little tricky and I'm the only one with the skill to make it come out right.

Needless to say that I'm feeling it right now. Not only am I sore but I'm shaking real bad, which is aggravating. Actually as long as I don't do anything I'm fine, it's only when I'm active that I hurt, and I do hurt then. I'm trying to behave myself but I've never been good at doing that. I've always done stuff I shouldn't. Which is probably one reason that I'm in the shape I'm in now.

It's sad though, we had two different guys that both do sheetrock for a living promise to come do this for us, and neither of them have shown up in the few months since they promised. Shows you who your true friends are. The part that really pisses me off is just how much we have done for both of them in the last few years.  :emowall:

I'll try to upload some pics when we get finished.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Don't worry about the other sheetrock guys... Not everybody who wants to help will.  Proud of you for doing it yourselves.  :clapping:

Now rest!  This time I mean it, goofball!!!  Unless the roof falls in, I want to hear snores!!!  :lmao:  Just get better, bro. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on June 16, 2017, 08:42:37 PM
This time I mean it, goofball!!! 

Goofball is right, I sooooo know better, but I do it anyway  :emowall:

Today I'm extremely sore, and I'm going to try to avoid any work, but I know I'll get to looking at it and it will drive me nuts until I do something about it. Luckily Dawn and Brandon are doing most of the work to keep me from doing it.
/>----------

foxgrove

Quote from: Robby on June 17, 2017, 08:36:57 AM
Goofball is right, I sooooo know better, but I do it anyway  :emowall:

Today I'm extremely sore, and I'm going to try to avoid any work, but I know I'll get to looking at it and it will drive me nuts until I do something about it. Luckily Dawn and Brandon are doing most of the work to keep me from doing it.

lol... forgot to add in the words just kidding but I guess you got that. ;)  Just lookin out for my homie. :biggrin:

Give Dawn and Brandon a gentle hug from us.  We're so relieved to hear that you're not trying to break records... like how much pain can one man endure! :insane:  

ps... I'm not hearing enough snoring!!!!!     :yeah:

Foxgrove

wmoore

Supervise! That's it!

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on June 17, 2017, 11:40:31 AM

lol... forgot to add in the words just kidding but I guess you got that. ;)

I take everything as sarcasm, mainly because that's how I say everything  :insane:  :pals:

Quote from: wmoore on June 17, 2017, 02:09:00 PM
Supervise! That's it!

I'm doing my best
/>----------

foxgrove

Supervise... well... for me that tends to work right up until the first person I'm watching hits a snag that I know how to fix.  After that I'm generally in there up to my elbows.  Never fails... there's just something in me that can't sit and watch when my brain says you need to help.  Ropes and tarp straps might keep me from participating but I can't think of much past that.  :dunno:

I sure hope you're better at supervising.  Me, I just end up stupid-vising!    buttkick

Foxgrove

Robby

Fox, you just described me completely
/>----------

Olys45

A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

wmoore

My Rhummy said that we are all perfectionists. 

Robby

Quote from: wmoore on June 18, 2017, 03:48:25 PM
My Rhummy said that we are all perfectionists. 

I used to be, now I just try to be a perfectionist
/>----------

ronr

Supervise....yeah right, supervise their training by showing them how to do it.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Quote from: ronr on June 19, 2017, 08:29:13 AM
Supervise....yeah right, supervise their training by showing them how to do it.

Exactly!!!  :lmao: :rotfl: 

Foxgrove

Robby

After only being able to "work" about 10 minutes Sunday, I took yesterday off, completely off. I actually behaved myself. It wasn't easy  but I did it. So I get up this morning barely able to move, and in so much pain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  :emowall:  :giveup:

Now if I can just behave today, I've got to do a little, but maybe I can behave and not over do it  :rotfl: :lmao: :emolaugh:
/>----------

denny

That's us in a nutshell. :bighug:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk