News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Leg Pain

Started by Bob, November 26, 2017, 02:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello!

I have, as of recent, been experiencing extreme leg pain.  It seems to be focused at my lower legs (shins, calfs and ankles (not to mention under my foot in the arch!) This just started a couple weeks ago so I have yet to speak to my doctor about it.  It doesn't seem to relate to any Tender or Trigger points. 

Has anyone had anything like this?

foxgrove

I get leg cramps and random pains there on a constant basis.  Are these more like massive charlie horses that constitute basically the entire muscle or is it more the snooting nerve pain type?  The nerve pain stuff most certainly needs to be addressed by your doc as it might be something in their realm of weird rather than ours but the hit-and-run charlie horses are a little easier to deal with.

Now, understand that I'm still dealing with mine regardless of what I've tried but I have been able to give them some amount of relief even if it's been temporary.  I find that a broomstick or better yet, one of those hard muscle rollers where you can grab the ends hard and roll them is a good tool to use.  You need to be careful to roll them towards your heart or you can trap blood in them and make it more painful as you roll.  Not too hard but not exactly gently is how I think of it.  Let your senses be your guide.

I also use tennis balls to get at the feet and localised leg ones and a combination of heat and cold packs wrapped in towels at 15 minute intervals has made a big difference.  Sadly, it only lasts for a few hours at best before I'm back at square one again.  Do make sure you're getting enough potassium and magnesium in your diet as well as staying hydrated.  Low levels or lack of any of those can lead to cramping quite quickly.  Let us know how it goes.

Fox

Best of luck with it.  Hopefully someone else
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Localized leg pain, no, leg pain associated with back pain, yes. When my lower back starts to hurt it grows to include my legs and feet, and not necessarily the whole leg, just bits and parts. I've had about as much luck with the leg pain as the back pain. Sometimes stuff works sometimes it doesn't.

Like fox said, massage works, heat works, electrical stimulation works, and sometimes other crazy ideas work. But, if it's the nerve pain type it does need to be addressed although that could just be fibro related, you know how fibro is.

Good luck
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Bob

These are not like "Charlie Horses".  They feel more like toothache pain in my legs. 

foxgrove

Ahhhh.. the other one.  I call that one "pon far" (reference: star trek Vulcan growing pains)... and yes I am a geek!  Sadly, I have little comfort for that one.  I get spats of it every month where it lasts several days or more bt generally it's only a few hours in length.  Sorry yours has been so much worse.

Hot baths seem to help a little, getting up and moving around sometimes distracts from it, sometimes exacerbates it... you'll know which after a minute of trying to walk around.  Other than that, I tend to lay in bed running my legs a lot and trying to sleep through it.  Nothing really makes a huge change to it but if it's the same thing, I can assure you it will get better.

Get the doc to take a look just to be sure it isn't something we haven't experienced.  Maybe there is something simple he can do to give you relief.

Foxgrove

denny

Your not a geek.
At least I understand.
Maybe we fall in between the cracks when it comes to descriptive names.
I do.
Anyway,I been trying to get my wife to eat a pickle for leg pain.
She rather not sleep I guess.
Thankfully leg pain is a minor :emocrazy: problem for me,but I do hope you find something for it Bob.

Right now my neck is terrorizing me...
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Bob

Dang!  It's ALWAYS something isn't it?

Robby

Yes it is ALWAYS something
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk