News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Update Problems

Started by Robby, November 24, 2018, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I am so proud of myself, years ago my computer skills were above average. The last couple of years though the fog has been so thick I just could not concentrate enough to solve the simplest of problems. Thursday Dawn pulled her laptop out of the cabinet for the first time since about June or July. At that time she was getting an error that "This version of Windows will expire soon", I worked on it for a little while, then packed it back away and forgot it.

So when she pulled it back out the other day it was still saying "This version of Windows will expire on 7/18/2018". So she did what she needed to do, having to close the warning message every so often. When she got through, I had Googled the issue on my laptop, and found several possible problems. I started at the top of the list and worked my way down, nothing worked. Then I ran an "update troubleshooter", with no errors found. So I just clicked on available updates, and saw a major system update available. With our flakey internet it took several tries and several hours to download. Then I clicked install updates, and restarted about 6 times, and the problem is solved.

I think it was a combination of flakey internet, size of download, time to download, and the laptop not being left on long enough to download it. But, I figured it out all by my lonesome. I was ready to pm our resident computer guru fox, but did it without him.  :clapping:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

:clapping: :lmao: You flatter me too much.  :budy:  Glad you were able to get on top of it. :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Barberian

Congrats.

I prefer to troubleshoot mechanical stuff. You can see and hear what is wrong. Electrical and electronic stuff... not so much unless it is smoking or on fire. lol

tojo

Wow Robby, way to go man. I love it when somehow even through the fog and the pain we are able to pull something off like this. Not only do we feel better because we accomplished something. It is almost like we did a job like we did before Fibro, well at least it does for me. Keep trucking man, I am sure she has some other things that need attending to.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Robby

Thanks to all who have responded
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk