News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Finally!

Started by Olys45, December 08, 2017, 06:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olys45

Well the saga started when the hack F-NP said I was misdiagnosed by my M.D. has come to an end on Monday night. I got the letter from the Decision Review Officer granting me a total grant of benefits for Fibro!

Before that happened, the VA scheduled me to see a shrink, which I went to yesterday. Now I have to see if they rate me for Depression/Anxiety as well.

Oly
A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

Robby

Well the grant on fibro is great. I'm not just sure what your feelings are on the depression, but what ever they are I hope you get what you want.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

:clapping:
The end of a saga is great.
U need to take a deep breath,hit the shower,and get a good night's sleep...to prepaid for the next. :emocrazy:
Good luck! You deserve the whole enchilada!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Yeah!!!!!   :blue thumbs up:

Good to see things get resolved and see folks actually getting that we were screwed over by a bad doctor.  It;s such a pity that along with these decisions they don't censure the doctors that made the assinine decision to screw us up in the first place.  That would be the right thing... have it be a permanent reminder to do their job well and not half assed like you were treated!!!

Bet you slept better this week.  I don't know if you're depressed or if they decide that you are, don't be too surprised.  It's hard not to be depressed when our lives are put in the blender and set on frappe constantly.  What I hope for is that you are treated fairly, appropriately, and with kindness.  That's far too rare these days.

Be well my brother.  Happy to raise a victory banner in your honor tonight!  Hooah! 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

wmoore

Great News!  Congratulations!

Olys45

A Refugee from the Peoples Republic of Minneeesootah, living on the Prairies of Eastern Montana.

God created Aircraft Mechanics so Pilots could have hero's too!

Barberian

Congrats on your disability connected rating. If you don't mind me asking what % rating are you. I'm %100 disabled, service connected, but I have a few other minor medical and several mental issues as well. I'd list them, but...
I'm just curious what fibro alone rates. I know each person is dif. I understand if u don't want to write you rating %.

Psychiatric issues - Don't let a medical doc evaluate you. Use a mental health psychologist (talk, talk, talk) or psychiatrist (some talk, issues meds).

Things to bring up that are often assumed to be service connected:
Fibromyalgia (I know, just listing it)
PTSD
Personality Disorder(s)
Depression
Anxiety (there are several forms - Social, General, etc.)
Agoraphobia
Blood pressure
Diabetes

Do a Google search with the key words and "VA disability rating" or something similar. If it is service connected (legit), get your benefits you were promised. If you don't NEED them today, who is to say what you will need down the road. You know how long it can take to get rated. %80 is the threshold for %100 free medical, above %80 is gravy for payment. Use careful consideration and counsel (disabled veterans groups) before asking for a new rating if your above %80. Some clueless boards might drop your rating percentage. Getting a new diagnosis does not automatically change your rating. You need to submit a change request for that.

Make sure you bring up your issues with any doc appt you attend, so they have a history. Within a few years of diagnosis, you may be re-evaluated for your conditions/rating at the VA. No history, can = loss or reduced disability rating. Make sure you make and attend your annual physical at least if you are not going in more often for meds or shrink.

I'm sure you know most of this, my OCD makes me write it out anyway. Just a few suggestions based on my experiences.

pizzaman242

Last year I got a raise in my Veterans disability rating. They gave me the raise based on Fibromyalgia and it being service connected. They rated it at 40% but only pay 20%, so now instead of the expected 90% rating I was expecting which would have been very sweet. I am being rated at 70% which is still a good raise. Which I thought was totally unfair. why call it 40%, and only pay 20%. The official rating is 20%, I checked. So why call it 40%, Hard to understand, but they have a chart that explains it. I still don't understand.  :insane:

It was enough so my wife was able to retire finally and we are trying to buy a new home. So financially we are in a good place, don't have that to worry us anymore.  :clapping:
Brady
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for
the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the
unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity

countryboy

Congrats buddy.  It sure took them long enough even though they screwed you out of a piece of your pie.

Hope the house looking works out for you and the wife can enjoy her retirement.   :pals:

Bet it will be hard to leave behind all the work you guys did on that place, especially the back yard & terrace.  Oh well, find one that won't need you plowing snow out of the driveway every night.   old-man/cane
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

Congratulations dude !!!!

A long hard fight for them to take 20% but better than than their previous boot in the butt answer.  Time you can relax for a while.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

pizzaman242

This has been an uphill battle all the way and it is still not over. I still have that 30% waiting for me. It has only been 15 years so far what is another 5.

Gary you are so right about the snowplowing, wouldn't have been so bad but try it sitting on a 25HP JD garden tractor with a 48" blade. It was a 2-4 hour job to clear the snow. Last winter was not the worst I have seen, but was the toughest one to date. But as of this morning we have found our new forever home. So instead of sitting on a cold tractor seat, I will be sitting on the same seat mowing grass, but no more plowing. The driveway is not that long or wide.
Brady
The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for
the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the
unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity

foxgrove

That's beautiful news!  So happy for you and your family... kinda the win that touches everyone's life.  Pity they didn't do it properly (%^&@!(@#) but that's OK... as long as you and yours are good.  I'll take that kind of win any day!  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk