News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

MS net framework

Started by ronr, October 08, 2018, 08:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

Win 7

Microsoft net framework will not update for some time and has not been a big issue butt is now screwing with a program that should not have to connect to the internet but says it does.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 for Windows 7 for x64 (KB4054530)

I have tried multiple times, searched on MS help to no avail,run FixDotNet, and at a loss.  Was given a win 8 desktop that upgraded to win 10 with no problems.  I;m thinking maybe I just need to transfer everything to that one and just call it good.

Anyone that has experience this?
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Sadly, my last computer with Windows 7 just bit it last week so I can't even check this out today.  I think we'll likely end up throwing Windows 10 Pro on that one as well so we can get the computers sharing files again... man has that ever taken some fenagling!

Have you tried the offline .net framework updater?  I think you can get it from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054530/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows
It's a good workaround for when the online version won't update.

If that doesn't work, let me know.  I'll dig a little further.  We ended up upgrading mostly out of convenience as all the new machines coming through the house were Windows 10 so...  {sigh}  It's their insidious upgrade program...  they just make using older versions impossible after a certain amount of time by making certain updates impossible.  Than there's the hardware folks who make it impossible to run older versions of Windows on their hardware.  Dang... it's a good thing I still know how to run Linux. :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk