News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pain Logs

Started by ronr, February 13, 2019, 03:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

I'm starting this new topic for pain logs to give examples for new folks to look at and develop their own.  Doctors love paperwork filling their folders and this make it easier for them to to visualize.  I don't have them all ready to export though so with a little time ...

The younger generation loves their internet and the best I have seen going is "Smart Suite Diary."  Covers a multitude of things, is customize-able, and you can print it out.  There are many though if you want to do a little searching.  For us old types that don't want to have a screen in front of us I'll give some examples.

Pulsing, throbbing, pounding, shooting, prickling, stabbing, lancing, electrical, sharp, pinching, pressing, gnawing, cramping, crushing, tugging, wrenching, hot, cruel, vicious, killing, blinding, intense, unbearable, spreading, radiating, piercing, tearing, agonizing, and torturing.

Tingling, itchy, smarting, stinging, dull, sore, aching, heavy, tender, taut, tiring, exhausting, sickening, suffocating, frightful, annoying, troublesome, miserable, tight, rigid, numb, drawing, squeezing, cool, cold, icy, nagging.

Vomiting, sharking, distractibility, and inability to concentrate.

Questions to ask your doctor.
Do you believe that I have this pain?
Do you understand its severity and the disrupting influence it has on my life?

More when brain blockage clears a little !

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

tojo

ronr,

I'm so happy that you mentioned the "Smart Diary Suite". I was trying to talk about t on another thread the other day and for the life of me, I couldn't remember what it was called. I even have it on my computer and must have looked at it several times and didn't recognize it, talk about FOG.

I'm going to start testing it again and I figure I will start on Sunday. I'm going to be keep ing track of all the weather variables again as well. The module I put together should be available to install as I believe it was added in as a revised Fibro module. The plain basic one is fine for keeping track of most of what folks would want to. And it is very easy to tweak it to do what you want. You can track literally anything that you want to and there are lots of premade modules that you can install. From diabetes, women's monthly cycles, calorie counting and a whole bunch of other categories. Pain chart is great, you click on where it hurts and you can put the type of pain in and at what scale etc.

I really love that program and I am so happy that Sir Bob set me up with the programmer. I would not have been able to afford the software on the income I had back then. But by becoming a tester I got a free copy for life including any and all revisions even complete redesigns LOL. Funny thing is that I don't think that the programmer was really expecting to hear from me at all it was just a nice thing he did or so he may have thought. I say this as the first time I chimed in on the forum his reply really sounded sort of surprised. Since then for quite some time I was using it and reporting any and everything that I could find and or cause to break. I am usually very good at the last part.

I have another friend who designs high dollar websites and the backends that go with them. I have been breaking his stiff since around 2000 and he just loves it. The forest time I did something for him I told him of the first glitch that I had found and he was like no way there is nothing wrong with that section. We got together on Teamviewer and as he was watching me work my way through the section in question I made it hang up. He was well you didn't read the instructions on how to do that. I said your right, I did it just like a normal user would and was just clicking around everywhere trying to get it to work. I told him that he w]always tried to go through the sections as a designer, using logic and understanding of sites and how they work. I did as Joe internet surfer would do. He knows how to turn his computer on, open internet explorer and he goes places, anything else is pushing the boundaries really hard. He has had me breaking his sites since then ;)

Well, back to the topic at hand those are great forms and I am glad that you were able to find and share them. Lots of guys will be able to use them and really start to develop a picture for themselves as well as the medical community that they deal with what their work really is like. They will start to see trends and most likely start to understand some of the things they should and should not do to improve the quality of their lives.

If the guys would like to check out the Smart Diary Suite here the link to their main page. I in no way receive any compensation from SDS. The only thing I get is a copy of the program for being a BETA tester, nothing else.

http://www.sdiary.com/

I hope that each and every one of y'all find a method of keeping a diary. Not only can it help when you are going to see the doctor it is a great type of therapy. I was able to work through a lot when I was using the dairy part of SDS. I could get angry and as ugly as I was able to and no one would ever know what I had said or written down. I was able to make peace with myself ad a lot of other people and situations just by writing down what I was thinking. SO give it a try. Print out some of these forms and get a notebook and do not ever let anyone see it. It is for you and you only. You will be surprised how quickly both of them will start to help. It does take an effort to get started and to stick with it but once you work through the beginning remember, forget to, remember to and forget the thing you will just do it naturally. You will see how things affect you and you can always look back if you need to in case you are going to do or even eat something and your not sure if that triggered something or not. You can keep track of as much or as little as you want, just start it, you will not regret the little bit of effort it takes in the beginning. In fact, you will wonder how you got along without it.

one of Jesus' own
Tojo

ronr

0 - Pain Free
1 - Very minor annoyance – mild aches to some parts of the body. No pain medication needed.
2 - Minor annoyance – dull aches to some parts of the body. No pain medication needed.
3 - Annoying enough to be distracting. Over-the-Counter paid relievers (such as Naproxen Sodium, Acetaminophen, or topical treatments) take care of it.
4 - Can be ignored if you are really involved in your work, but still distracting. Over-the-Counter pain relievers remove pain for 3-4 hours.
5 - Can't be ignored for more than 30 minutes. Over-the-Counter pain relievers help somewhat (bring pain level from 5 to a 3 or 4) with pain for 3-4 hours.
6 - Can't be ignored for any length of time, but you can still go to work and participate in social activities. Stronger painkillers (such as Ultram) relieve pain for 3-4 hours.
7 - Makes it difficult to concentrate, interferes with sleep. You can still function with effort. Stronger painkillers (such as Ultram) are only partially effective. (Stronger pain killers bring pain from a 7 to 4-6.)
8 - Physical activity severely limited. You can read and converse with effort. Stronger pain killers (such as Ultram) are not effective. (Narcotic pain killers do bring this pain down to a level 3 or lower.)
9 - Non functional for all practical purposes. Cannot concentrate. Physical activity halted. Panic sets in. (Narcotic pain killers bring the pain level down from 9 to the 4-6 level.)
10 - Totally non-functional. Unable to speak. Crying out or moaning uncontrollably – near delirium. Narcotic pain killers are not effective at all.

http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum259/HTML/000014.html
http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb/Forum212/HTML/019377.html
http://www.tidalweb.com/fms/fm pain scale.shtml
Warning links probably don't work any longer

ronr

Pain description words

Pulsing, throbbing, pounding, shooting, prickling, stabbing, lancing, electrical, sharp, pinching, pressing, gnawing, cramping, crushing, tugging, wrenching, hot, cruel, vicious, killing, blinding, intense, unbearable, spreading, radiating, piercing, tearing, agonizing, and torturing.

Tingling, itchy, smarting, stinging, dull, sore, aching, heavy, tender, taut, tiring, exhausting, sickening, suffocating, frightful, annoying, troublesome, miserable, tight, rigid, numb, drawing, squeezing, cool, cold, icy, nagging.

Vomiting, sharking, distractibility, and inability to concentrate.

tojo

Howdy, Sir ronr,

Thank you so very much for sharing these with us. You were correct all the links are dead but that doesn't really matter. I really love the smileys. I have never seen those anywhere before and they are awesome. Going to have to get the printer back and online so I can print them out. Then I a going to take them with me to my doctor's appointments and say "Look here, this the Fibro pain scale and I am this one right now" and I will point to the appropriate smiley.

You always find such cool things to share with us. And I am very glad that you do, Thank you!
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

ronr

[/URL]

These two go together

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk