News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Numb toes

Started by Robby, February 19, 2019, 07:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

When I go to bed, and lay on my side, which I have to do never have been able to lay on my back, my left pinky toe goes numb, and I do mean numb. Not like going to the dentist and your cheek tingling, I mean I can feel it there with the toe next to it, but I can't feel anything with the pinky toe at all. It's like it's not there except the neighbor toe feels it, and I know it's still there.

I wonder if it's related to where my back is broke and there is a bulging disk in the same area. The doc's say no, but what do they know? They also said that pain can't move up the back.

This is really annoying, I mean it's a real strange feeling not to be able to feel a body part you should be able to feel. Of course there is another body part that stays numb, but we won't discuss it here  :yikes: . If you've never had a body part go numb there is no way to understand what I'm talking about, it's as if the toe has been amputated, except it's still there.

Does anyone know of anything that will help?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

That little piggy must have gotten worn out with all that wee wee wee all the way home.  :sofa_bricks:

More Seriously, does it change if you do any stretches like while lying on your back or front?  Might be a trigger point or tight muscles somewhere along the route from lower back to there.  If you can locate it then you can try pillows, rolled towels, and the like.

Not to take away from your thread but I have an area on the outside of a thigh that is like that and sometimes feels as if it is wet.  Have even caught myself feeling to see if it's bleeding or something.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: ronr on February 20, 2019, 09:06:18 AM

More Seriously, does it change if you do any stretches like while lying on your back or front? 

About 5 min after I move off my side the feeling comes back. It's like something is getting pinched or pressed on.

Don't worry about hijacking the thread as long as it has something in common with my post. Which what you posted sounds like the same thing I'm experiencing.
/>----------

tojo

Robby, do you have circulation problems? Do you have to forget a lot when sitting or laying down constantly moving your legs and feet?

I do and have for a very long time. About ten years or so ago a doc told me that I had the early stages of Peripheral artery disease. He said that could cause a lot of the weird numbness in my legs and feet. I also have cold patches. I mean really skin temperature difference that you can feel with your hand and others can feel it as well. Like ronr, I also get the wet sensations and think like he does that I am bleeding. Or sometimes that I have spilled something on my leg. I get sorta like what you do with toes and the little piggies seem to be the worst. They get numb and tingly but then they go past that it not as far as yours do. I would ask the doc about P.A.D. ya never know. They put me on a water type pill can't pronounce or spell it at the moment when I usually can dratz.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Robby

I do have Raynauds, I didn't even think about that being the problem. HMMM, I'll have to thunk on that a moment.
/>----------

tojo

I am going to see my primary on the 25th and I am going to ask him about this. I never asked if PAD include the arms or not. I have always seen and heard of it associated with the legs. Both of my arms have it's of problems with the going numb thing. sometimes just by wiggling my shoulder around  I can stop it sometimes, I have to move the whole arm around and reposition it before the feelings return to normal or normal for me. I can be laying on my back and have my hand sort of resting on my stomach area and it will go very numb quite quickly sad thing is that is one of the most natural positions for me to have y arm in so I fight with it all the time.

After sleeping on that couch at the other house for so long with my legs crossed I do not seem to be able to sleep with them not crossed. Problem is that if either one is on top of the other just a little off where they are supposed to bring on the numb and tingly thing. It's weird as I can feel like, I don't know the blood is restricted and there is kind of an ache that starts shortly after crossing my ankles. I have to constantly move them around till I get it right problem is that by the time I get it right I have to shift to crossing them the other way and it starts all over again. I really don't know how I sleep at all.

I will get some kind of info or maybe where to start looking for information on this numbing thing. And as soon as I do, of course, I will be sharing with Y'all.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Robby

The weather has been real rainy today and my lower back is killing me, and my toe is almost numb. But, every time my back throbs my toe throbs with it. I guess it's connected to my back after all, then again you know how things go, tomorrow might be a different story. Like I said the nurse practitioner says it can't be connected to my back, because there's not enough wrong with my back. I've always been told a bulging disk was a big deal and something to worry about, but she acts like it's nothing. Not to mention the back is broke and moving around, putting pressure on the bad disk, squeezing it like a pimple.

I was originally told that if the back didn't heal it would eventually move around enough to rupture the disk. Then it would move just right and cut the spinal cord. YEA something to look forward to. But if it's squeezing the disk, why can't it be squeezing the nerves? Every doc you see says something different, why can't you get a straight answer from one person? And for all their non-knowledge they get paid the big bucks. 
/>----------

denny

Yeah,i get the toe thing,i get the wet spot too.
And then i get real wet spots...
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

tojo

Hey, Robby why didn't they just bolt you back together? Was it a personal choice or they didn't think it needed it?

I had an awesome surgeon that took the disc out of my neck and replaced it with a Pho-disc. He is one of the best in the country and he said that they do not worry about bulging discs till they get around 9 to 10mm sticking out. The one he removed from my neck was at 10mm. There was another one bulging that he said that would need to be removed in the future but it was only at 7mm at the time. I was like why not just do them both while you're in there. He said if it were up to him he would but the insurance would not pay as it was not bugging enough yet.

So blameth the most crooked industry this world has ever seen once again.

one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Robby

Quote from: tojo on February 22, 2019, 12:50:05 PM
Hey, Robby why didn't they just bolt you back together? Was it a personal choice or they didn't think it needed it?

No, no bolting together. They tell me where the break is located against the hip bone, there is nothing they can do. Not to mention my osteoporosis, and my bone loss, the bones wouldn't hold screws anyway.
/>----------

ronr

Osteoporosis is like a rotten piece of wood is what I was told.  Surgeons don't want to touch it.

How far would they have to go to find something secure enough to attach to and would that start going bad too?

Robby

I've lost 60% of my bone mass at last checking which was several years ago. So there is nowhere they could find something solid, and yes I'm told it will only get worse.
/>----------

ronr

Neuro-surgeon said that my break will eventually solidify and stabilize somewhat in a significant number of years.  Trouble is that others happen in the meantime.  Worst I think I've ever heard is a woman who could not walk because she would break bones in the foot every time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk