News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

SSA Disability

Started by Bob, March 16, 2019, 04:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello,

I know it's been quite a while since I last visited but I just needed to rant to someone.   LUCKY YOU!! About 3 wks ago I had my  SSA Hearing.  We hired an attny who , I felt, did an acceptable job but, although we have yet to receive the Judge's decision , I don't feel very hopeful for attaining Disability. As I am sure you all know, the deck is set against us.  Apparently, they don't even consider Fibro or chronic pain.  So, my lawyer's angle was to focus on my Occipital Neuralgia and sleep apnea.

Unfortunately after living with pain for the past 30 yrs and seeking doctor after doctor for help, we have next to nothing in the bank .  My sister has been paying our mortgage for the last year but, that has now ended. I really have no idea how we are going to pay our bills. I know that the Lord has promised to provide for our needs yet, I am concerned He may choose to do that while we live  in section 8 housing (or worse)

My wife , and I, agreee that we are just TIRED!!  Tired of all the struggles: Pain/finances/ isolation-lonliness/lack of any social interaction - Just plain TIRED! 

I know that there isn't anything anyone can do but, like I said previously, I just wanted to RANT.

THANKS  I hope you don't kick me out for using this site for this purposel.

Robby

Quote from: Bob on March 16, 2019, 04:34:10 PM
I just wanted to RANT.

THANKS  I hope you don't kick me out for using this site for this purposel.

Bob, that is exactly what we are here for  :pals: . We totally get what you are going through, I managed to get disability with fibro by using my other illnesses, but before that happened we lost our house, so if anyone understands just what your going through it would be me. If you ever need to talk, just pm me, I'll be glad to talk to you.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Using some other disease to get the favorable SSA is VERY common.  crossfingers

::sorry::
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

tojo

Bob, I am sorry to hear what you and your family have been struggling with. Getting SSDI is not an easy thing to accomplish. I lost my house and my van after I got to the point that I was unable to work anymore. LIved in an old travel trailer behind my dad's crumbling down shack. I had water to flush with and electricity and was very grateful for that. It took a while but eventually, I was approved. Keep praying my friend, He hears and knows what you're going through. I will say a quick prayer for you as well. And as I remember (Fibro-Fog-Parkinson's brain that is) you during prayer time.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

denny

Got mind for depression,but what they dont see os that its all the same thing.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

Big Hugs Bob!  Vent away!  :bighug:

foxgrove

Just a warning... Christian scripture and stuff ahead.  If you don't want to, don't read it.  :bighug:

I'm so glad that you came here to let it all out.  It's a good place... we try as much as humanly possible not to judge and we sure understand where you are coming from.  Life is not an easy thing to get through!  Praise God that He is willing to take the responsibility for our care into His own hands.  I know the feeling of being so overstretched financially that if someone were to play a tune on you, it would be ultrasonic.  Brother, we're right there with you and I know the chest clutching feelings.  Just know that God has a purpose in all of this.  It's so much bigger and scarier than we could ever have imagined but that's why he doesn't show us our future in advance.  Most of us would run screaming and never come back to the table.  The others would be far too busy wetting themselves in fear. 

God knows your every need.  He knows you intimately, from every hair on your head to the thoughts deep in your heart.  He knows how impossible it is to survive in this crazy world but He also promises to provide all of our needs according to His riches in glory.  He loves us and wants the very best for us, a better future than we could or would have ever chosen because while it might suck here on this impossible place, what those experiences and lessons will teach us will be so vital for us. 

As I was once told, just lean back and make like a mirror.  :biggrin:  Your needs and care are in my prayers to Him.  I know that God has amazing things in store for you, brother.  I'm still learning to hand over our finances to God every day and pretty much every day I totally screw up and take back all the worry on myself but that's on me.  Just another broken fool for Jesus. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

tojo

You know Bob the greatest thing I think that God has ever done for me and for anyone else for that fact is not showing us all that "Could" have happened or would be happening to us had He not interceded. Those are the things that would have scared me to death. I know that the whole time I was waiting for my social security disability to be granted I lived in a way that I grew to understand was His wish and it humbled me greatly to understand that even there in my what I considered my worst state ever, He was still working with, in, on and through me. Yours will come, just take a deep breath, hold it in just a little longer than you can and then when you breath again know that it was He who provided that oxygen that you were so grateful for just now. If He made sure that you would have air to breathe I am sure that He will provide the rest. He did, does and will for me and He will for you. Even when I was not His He provided protection for me. I can look back and see how many times He intervened to keep me out of bad trouble that would have made it almost impossible for me to be used by Him the way He has. So chin up, arms lifted high and your heart opened up to hear what He wants you to do about all of this. Remember to take time to listen for that whisper of a small voice as it will be the one that speaks loudest to your heart and will be the right path to follow.

one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk