News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

FDA approves new migraine nasal spray

Started by ronr, March 11, 2023, 06:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

I didn't read through for side effects so BEWARE !   Sounds promising though once it gets off the outrageously priced new patent schedule.

https://www.drugs.com/newdrugs/fda-approves-zavzpret-zavegepant-nasal-acute-migraine-5982.html
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

lol... CGRPs are fabulous for migraneurs for whom it works!!  Stupendous!!!  But the pricing... outrageous!!!!!! $400 a month for those injections, and that is the subsidized price!!!

My youngest is on a CGRP for his chronic migraines. It's what allows him to work full time and have a life and all those good things. The trick was that the company that produced it made it available for free for 1 year. After that point they figured the provinces would have already done their due diligence and accepted this med into their pharmacare formularies (the sheet that tells you whether pharmacare will pay for this med or not).  Well, one year came and went and no action from the province. My insurance picked up the tab for the next year... but then Philip did something silly... he went and fell in love and got married. Poof, he's no longer eligible to be on my insurance.

The two of them moved to Saskatchewan and got jobs and he was able to get insurance under them and once again could afford to work. (something about that statement just seems wrong)

Then that job became a nightmare. They stuck it out for 18 months but finally had to trade in their chips for a better opportunity in BC. BC pharmacare covered the med but they had to get all their paperwork in (you know, can't get ID A until you have id B and C but you can't get id C until you get id B... freakin nightmare...)

Somehow, finally, after a lot of betting, pleading, and grovelling (well... maybe more patience than anything), he now has his BC identification and pharmacare is covering it again. but geez Louise!!

With that in mind, I'm predicting that migraineurs in the US will be using this med about 3 years before it's even approved in Canada, and it'll be another 5 before it gets approved for those of us who can't actually afford meds. (sigh) Ahh the realities of meds.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

It is nuts that valid working meds are excluded from their formularies. I know a few meds that worked well for me have been continuously held back from subsidies. I went from chronic pain but able to work and achieve great things to unbearable pain and inability to carry on basic tasks. All that to say i may not completely understand but I relate

foxgrove

So... got a call from Philip last night telling us that because he still hasn't been able to find a doctor (and I called every local clinic and he's right.. there just are none taking new patients) he's been unable to get a new prescription for either CGRP. Looks like he's going to have to do the urgent care clinic and just wait through the crowds until he can see one. Man does that ever suck!  I can't imagine doing this alone without someone else to keep propping you back up! Dudes, we gotta stick together!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk