News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Chronic Pain Patient Weaned Off Opioids Following Cannabis Therapy

Started by ronr, March 27, 2020, 08:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

I know some of our people will testify to this and some will say it helps but ..
Thought I would throw it our because I don't usually look at their stuff.  It is a short and easy read.

--------------------
Thursday, 26 March 2020

Philadelphia, PA: A patient with a multi-year history of chronic pain and opioid use was weaned off prescription opiates following the use of medical cannabis, according to a case study published in the journal Medical Case Reports.

https://norml.org/news/2020/03/26/case-report-chronic-pain-patient-weaned-off-opioids-following-cannabis-therapy?link_id=25&can_id=7eb660044c1028792c49eb02837e7fab&source=email-norml-news-of-the-week-3262020-3&email_referrer=email_760978&email_subject=norml-news-of-the-week-3262020
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

You too, huh.  I will sometimes skim through their newsletters if I see a good headline but most of the time it just goes into long term storage.  Excellent article and very very hopeful.  Of course, my doc will simply say, meh... too small of a study.  (sigh)  but it gives me a lot of hope. 

Now, if I can just figure out how to afford the stuff.  :insane:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

foxgrove

...yeah, wouldn't that be nice.  To coin a phrase, the rumours of our medication access have been greatly exaggerated.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

ronr

foxgrove

We'll have a looooooong wait before we'll be seeing pot covered under pharmacare. 

Foxgrove

looneylane

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Lets start a clinic with drs who actually care about chronic pain patients!  Oh yeah the govt wants to put them in jail for actually treating pain

Robby

I told you a while back we had a signature drive to get legal medical pot on the ballot, we needed 69,000 signatures, we ended up with 224,000, yea it's on the ballot. So what does our wonderful legislature do? They decide to pass a bill to put a "alternative bill" in the election. They say it's to make sure that each section of the law is clear and understandable. So what happens, is you have
1. For chronic pain
  A. Do you have chronic pain
    1. is your chronic pain caused by cancer or cancer treatments, or other type pain Then go to Section 1A
    2. is your pain caused by fibromyalgia, fibromyostis etc... Go to Section 2C
Go to section 2C, it goes blah blah blah for 3 pages, then sends you to Section M3. M3 is another 4 pages of circle speak, than sends you somewhere else. Eventually you go through the spiderweb enough times and every one of those different paths takes you to the last page of the book, our bill 10 pages, their bill is over 3000 pages, but you end up on that last page and it says "Your not qualified". So if their bill passes, then not only are we in the same place, but we can't try to change it. ASSHOLES at work. I left messages with my senators and representatives both, and this is what we end up with. I didn't vote for either of the assholes, and won't vote for them next time either, and called back to tell them them that.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Foxgrove

ronr

:an cry bukets:  OMG you might get addicted to something that actually helps you have a life.

looneylane

When I had tramacet I was high functioning and almost normal for physical strength and exertion but the pain steals all that away. Some of it may related to other health changes but it is all I have to compare with now. Been self isolating for about a year now lol

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on March 29, 2020, 11:56:24 AM
but the pain steals all that away.

Your preaching to the choir brother. The pain steals everything, including your whole life

QuoteBeen self isolating for about a year now lol

I've been self-isolating since 2002 I don't know anything else now.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

Cannabis is good but i have to find a different was to ingest it. The lungs get kind of sore after
awhile .
Edibles are expencive.
Ive read lots of stuff but it all takes too much money/energy. : :( :

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk