News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

FDA recommends health care professionals discuss naloxone with all patients when

Started by ronr, July 25, 2020, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

Sounds like we need a talking to about opioid pain meds and the chance for overdose.  First time I read something about this it sounded like it was just going to be a new label on the bottle since there is so much room left on them anyway but re-reading, or just scanning it, sounds like the docs get to enter a note in their file about telling us.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-recommends-health-care-professionals-discuss-naloxone-all-patients-when-prescribing-opioid-pain?utm_campaign=CDER%20New%2007%2F24%2F2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqTrackId=4621039d9c744b48834d5c2ee582c9b0&elq=8a7b3b804e55487ba0435818b21e4282&elqaid=13491&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=11533

Clicking the topic for Drug Safety Communication brings up this:

https://www.fda.gov/media/140360/download

Does anybody have a cheat sheet if there is a drug test?  I'm scared!!
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

I have to admit, here in Winnipeg, it's likely saved about 200-300 lives in the last three years.  Opioid overdoce isn't something we generally worried about until doc started increasing my fentanyl dosage a few years back (not something I currently use).  It wasn't a big increase but suddenly, I was gasping for breath every few minutes.  Doc said that had we not realized what was happening, it was possible that I might have gone to sleep and never woken up. 

I imagine that those are the sorts of things that keep these docs up at night.  Naloxone generally requires that someone else realizes what is going on... not something we would be in a state to realize for the most part.  The crappy part of naloxone is that you are instantly in withdrawal and the headache apparently is brutal... of course, that beats the heck out of death.  Well, maybe not for everyone but I do enjoy my little cup of oxygen every few seconds or so. ;)
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Hollywood

Sorry but I just saw this..  :lmao: Since when does the government really care about people? They just don't want doctors getting sued. Otherwise they wouldn't have made it so impossible for me to fill a legit script and end up on a respirator. (Only because I was lucky enough to be in the ER when I  had convulsions and stopped breathing!)

They have made it so hard to get pain relief that people are committing suicide or snorting heroin. Heroin overdoses have shot thru the roof over the past few years.

I'm sorry, this just makes me sad, because It reminds me every time about the 50 year old chronic pain lady that killed herself rather than put her husband thru all the extra trips and hoops to jump thru to get pain meds :emowall:

Good post though ronr we need to know what's coming.
Stephen Michael Dirse

denny

Stephen i agree with you,the gov dont give a crap!
Ive already been thrugh the nyloxidone, when i broke my hip, but for me it dont matter anyway, my morphine is gone forever.
They are finally giving me meds in my neck to attempt to handle my arm pain.
So many things that should have been done months ago.
That really chafes my hide! :emocurse:
Know what i mean?
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Hollywood

Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk