News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

A Blessing or two

Started by Robby, December 02, 2020, 10:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

First my dad called the other day and said thatI needed to come by his house the next day. He had an annuity that had come due and he wasn't going to renew it, as he had been doing, he was going to split it between the kids, which is what's in his will for whatever he has left. So I go by and he hands me a check, I look at it as I put it in my wallet, and I think "Ok $1200, that's not bad", then I looked at it again, I said "wait, there's another zero on that. $12,000" I can pay off right at half of all our bills. God is good

Second, I have been needing to get new glasses, because mine are so scratched up that I can't see out of them. I just haven't had the money for the Dr. or the glasses. Because of some things we've been doing lately,  we've had several people tell us God would bless us, I only tell that so you understand this, not because we did what we did for any blessing, but  just because it was the right thing to do. Anyway,  the lady we have been helping and I was trying to find something today, and I went and started looking through my nightstand. I started going through the top drawer, and I was taking stuff out as I went. Suddenly I saw a pair of glasses, that I did not recognize. I did like the way they looked, but I didn't know where they came from. I tried them on, it was a brand new pair of glasses. The frames were impeccable, the lenses, were brand new, not a single scratch on them, not a speck of dust on them. I know where they came from, and most of you do to. It would be easy to say, "I don't know where they came from", but I do know. Like I said, we did not do anything to receive anything from anyone, including God. Knowing we had done the right thing was enough for us. If God was pleased with us that was more than we could ever hope for. But to actually receive a blessing from God based on His being pleased with our actions. is a special feeling. This isn't the first time this has happened, I've been blessed before but this time it meant a little extra something.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Barberian

::Amen::

We haven't been doing much for others, but the blessings keep pouring in. I'm starting to fear how much I'm gonna need to do to "pay back" the blessings on others. I doubt the Lord keeps a charge sheet, but still...

ronr

W O W !!!!!

Good day for you & family.  At least one day that will help some other days.   :yikes:  cool dude thumbs up

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

:clapping:  Yup... I know where they came from too.

Don't worry, Barberian... God loves to pour blessings on his children.  He keeps no records of wrongs, no chits tallied.  The best way I can describe it is the picture of the old man whose son he thought was dead showed up at the end of his lane alive and walking toward him.  He ran to his son...RAN!! undignified, coat open, hair flying, tears streaming down his face, sobbing the entire way in joy, until he could hold his son in his arms once again.  That's our Abba... that's our amazing Father.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

That description is better than anything I could have come up with.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk