News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Opiate Induced Constipation

Started by Bob, September 10, 2022, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Gents,

I know I have had questions about this before but,I think this is a new one.  I suffer with OIC and , as a result, have never had a successful Colonoscopy done (I've had 3 or 4) . in the last one (about 3 mos ago) the Doc found "Pre-Cancerous Polyp(s) .  however, he was, again, unable to get through the rest of my colon.

Although I have asked what else could be done to help me (I've recently read a paper on the use of , medically done, bowl cleanse PRIOR to the colonoscopy). My doc simply says the He "doesn't do that". So, I have another colonoscopy scheduled for next thurs.

To me it seems we are insane because we keep doing the same thing and somehow expect a different result.

I have also recently realized that there are gastro docs who specialize in OIC . It is MY hope that they could do more than simply prescribe a drug (have used  Movantik, Realistor , linzess and ealistor and linzess together.)

Would you be so kind to give me your opinion on this?

ronr

Quote from: Bob on September 10, 2022, 01:25:37 PMGents,

bowl cleanse PRIOR to the colonoscopy). My doc simply says the He "doesn't do that". So, I have another colonoscopy scheduled for next thurs.

To me it seems we are insane because we keep doing the same thing and somehow expect a different result.

I have also recently realized that there are gastro docs who specialize in OIC . It is MY hope that they could do more than simply prescribe a drug (have used  Movantik, Realistor , linzess and ealistor and linzess together.)

Would you be so kind to give me your opinion on this?

I thought they all did bowel cleanse before scoping! It has been probably more than 20 years I'm sure since my first and they did it then!  Not to say new technology hasn't improved things.  Either way you are 100% correct in saying it's insane to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

As far as combined  meds, I would agree that you gotta do what works or try something new.

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

I've had the cleanse for the past several times I think the first Scope I had done I wasn't allowed solids for a few days and only clear fluids for a day or so but that was over twenty years ago so my memory could be flawed. I think for best results do a cleanse for your self that way you get the best look at your colon health

Robby

The first one I went in for, had to be reschedule, because it didn't clean me out completely. So the next time they gave me a stronger, flusher-outer, that actually tasted better than the first one.

Overall I don't really know what to tell you, lots of water, lot's of fiber, not the regular laxative, the other kind. I can't think. It's the kind you take every day.

As I've mentioned, I don't have irritable bowel, I have a pissed off killer colon. I have constipation with diarrhea, then I have diarrhea with constipation, and it goes back and forth between those two, three or four times a day. 
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on September 10, 2022, 10:15:35 PMthat was over twenty years ago so my memory could be flawed.
It's been twenty minutes, and my memory is, what were we talking about?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Bob

The normal "night before -drink this gallon (colonoscopy prep)" isn't what I am talking about. I have done them before each test. In fact, one time I did a double prep - that was aweful.

nevertheless - there remains a fair amt of old waste that won't flush.  So, I was looking into the kind of cleanse in which you have a hose placed up your butt and water flows until stuff comes out - or something like that.

what is confusing is that my "habits" are better and more regular than they were for yrs but that old waste remains .

Am I nutz?

foxgrove

Ahhhh... colonic irrigation. Interesting idea. I know there's some risk involved in doing it as I don't think that's something that you'll get a doctor to do, so there's that... (please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken about that)

Who knows. Pity your system isn't able to flush itself fully. Makes for crappy scoping... pun totally intended!  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

I've been in their office and once they looked, sent me down to the restroom in the hallway to start trying enemas but they only let me do that twice before calling it a day.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk