News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Talk about your pets

Started by denny, November 23, 2022, 12:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

I almost backed out
Of thus post but here I go.
Sammy's gone blind and has a tuft of hair on his neck that's 20 times longer than should be. I think he's probably from a Puppy mill
 :emocurse: Still he finds his way around and he's such a good dog. Nothat it's hard,he lives in his mommy's lap :biggrin:
Have 7more but tremors suck!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

I'm currently taking a break from cooking for Thanksgiving, I'll post when I get a chance.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

:bighug: Little bugger... practically tied to my side... he's such a cutie!

We've got him in new booties this week. He's got such small feet that we ended up using baby's mits for his booties. Just add velcro and poof, insta boots!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

This is my second attempt, looks like I forgot to hit "POST" last time, OH Fibro you are not my friend anymore. Anyway, we have 7 dogs unfortunately. Our dog Gizmo had puppies last year and we manage to give away 5, but that left us with two, that I'm afraid are permanent residents of our small home.

First is Miley, what you see in the picture is what you get out of her, I picked her up off the side of the road 18 years ago, and she was at least a year old then. She pretty much sleeps, eats, DRINKS, and goes to the bathroom. When I say drinks, she has a one cup stomach, but will drink a quart and a half of water at a time. I don't know how she hasn't sprung a leak yet. She drinks so much at one time that just trying to pick her up, and she will vomit water. I think she's trying to keep the other dogs from getting it.

Next is Petey, he's about 7 my son went to the shelter and adopted him, and had him for about a year, when we moved to where we are now and live next to each other. It took Petey just a couple of weeks, and he had moved in with us, specifically me. He is never very far from my side, especially when I'm hurting. He tries to warn me when I go to get up, and my legs won't hold me. He also gets everyone's attention if I do fall. If your smart you won't bother me when I'm asleep, he will bite anyone that bothers me when I'm asleep. Bite first ask questions later.....

Then there is Gizmo, she's 3. Brandon got her from a friend because he wanted a dog of his own, even though I told him no. But like always, and with anything, he loses interest after a couple of months and then it's up to the rest of us to take care of it. She is a really good dog, a little over affectionate, and over protective, but still a good dog. Her mother was a Boxer, her dad a Pug, I still haven't figured out how he reached it (it's a joke I know how)

Then the puppies, first is Beethoven, Aaron thought she looked just like the dog from the movie when she was first born, and she kinda did, not so much now. The other one, that looks like a coyote to me, is Joker. You can't see it in this pic, but the black around her mouth turns up at the back like a smile, while her actual mouth turns downward, and reminds me of the Joker from the Adam West series.

They both hate walking on a leash which is a problem because, when they were 3 months old they started climbing the chain link fence, to escape the yard. At about 8 months old, they said to heck with climbing, we'll just jump over. That's what they did, and still do. They are very loving dogs, and are very protective, but they get on my last nerve. First Joker lays on the back of the couch right behind me, with her front paw on my shoulder. She thinks she's my dog too. Beethoven then gets jealous, and tries to come at me from the side of the couch, and if I ignore her, she just kisses me until I do pay her attention. I know where that tongue has been, they eat their own poop, I don't want kisses, at least Joker doesn't do it that much, but I am the only one she kisses. But at a year old they are still puppies, and still have that puppy energy, and our trailer is just not big enough, for them to be running wide open like they do. Because they can run at 47.5 mph (76.4KM), and jump over a 4ft (1.2M) fence, just imagine what they can do inside a house.

Just got up from a nap

They alternate nights on who is the big spoon
/>----------

denny

Fox, them lil buggers grow roots right into our hearts.
Robby,thats a Crowded house.most ive lived with is 4.
Sammy was suppose to be my dog but hes really denises, i dont sit still long enuff for sams taste.
Next-dem dam birds..
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

denny, trust me we were not supposed to have a litter at all, much less get stuck with 2 of them. We managed to give away 5, just could not find anyone that wanted these two. All shelters were full at the time, so couldn't do that. At this point if they get out of each others sight they start to howl until they find each other. So Dawn will not let me take them to the shelter now, because they will get separated. I figure Miley will pass before long and that will help somewhat.
/>----------

looneylane

Our Kittens name is Nova and after 2 am she thinks it is time to play which usually means bouncing off my head! She is a sweetheart most of the time I will try to post a picture later she is a tortoiseshell no one told me til after we got her that it means they come with tortitude! 

foxgrove

tortitude! I LOVE that word!!!  OMG, that is going into the books, dude. On this day I learned about tortitude.  I knew about general cattitude and more specifically tabytacks (getting ambushed by your tabby) and committing siamecide (sitting on a Siamese cat), but this is a first on tortise shells. Love it!!  :lmao:

Foxgrove

ronr

No pets no more & I miss it but can't take care of them anyway.  Still get to rent the daughter's dog whenever I like to do her nails & when they wanna go out of town.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on November 28, 2022, 12:58:51 AMI will try to post a picture later she is a tortoiseshell
Please post this, I think I know this by another name, but will wait until I see it to  say.....
/>----------

looneylane

foxgrove

Gotcha.  What a cutie!  :blue thumbs up:

I still say you've really got that winter Santa look working for you. Looks great! I wish my CPAP would allow me to grow a beard again. My guess is it would be mostly white.

Foxgrove

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Hollywood

Well I had a lab that was named Blondie because she was blond. Had to put her down at ten years old due to cancer.

Then I had Candy first German Shepard I ever had. Smartest dog and most loving dog. had to put her down at five years old , covered in cancer.

I hope to one day to get another but not in the apt I live in, we need to move. but that would take a miracle.

That's my pet story.

P.S. I miss them every day
Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

Yup... I've always figured the hardest part about owning a pet is knowing that you will one day watch them die. Keep em alive in your heart, bro.

Right now, we're going slightly stir crazy as we have so many cats... the kids moved their two young cats in with us when they left to BC last year. The crazy one and one of the greys... come to think of it, both of these nutters are Philip's cats though we ended up with the grey because it kept attacking their dog. Go figure on them both being complete whackos... but I digress... both of them attack each other like Kato and Inspector Clouseau... it's total madness and has all the other cats on edge. (yes, I know... we have too many cats... got it...  :biggrin:  :lmao: )

ok.. back to the story... the stress on the rest of the pack has led our matron, a tabby of 18+ years (I can't remember for sure either) has begun to hide out in our room, taking every opportunity she can to express her displeasure at the ruckus by peeing and pooping in random places. Suc ha joy she is... so dainty, so ladylike, such an absolute b***h when it comes to using her nice clean toilet... Well, here's hoping we can keep her out from under the bed with the new spiky plastic anti-cat stuff we found for dirt cheap and my feet don't find it first. Here's hoping we'll get a few good sleeps out of the deal before I'm permanently maimed.  :whistling:  :blink:

...personally, I'm putting my money on the cat!

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk