News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Who has made a difference in you life? Has someone stuck their neck out for you?

Started by looneylane, March 30, 2023, 11:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I know I have brought this up before but one guy who stuck his neck out for me was a fire chief in Saskatchewan. After I broke my neck I still helped for a while as I didn't know it was broken. I finally gave in and only helped with fundraisers as i was in the wheelchair. One day he came to a mens lunch at church and he saw me wheeling around I asked him how things were going and talked to him about some new techniques and tactics  for fire rescue and he looked at me and said "Your not done! I hear it in you you will be back!" I was in an electric wheelchair with all the doctors not sure I would ever walk unassisted again and this fire chief tells me I will be back! Heres the thing he was not a perfect guy he had a lot of things going on to the point where he ended up quitting and even stopped talking to his friends even the ones who wanted to support him. No matter what though he believed in me he is now a full time city fire chief in Saskatchewan.. he made a difference

foxgrove

Sounds like someone who I'd love to meet. I've been taking some time to consider through my life all the people who have influenced my life... good grief, there have been so many of them. Aside from my dad, who is the most driven person I've ever met and met me along the way many times with a kind word and good advice, I would say it would have to have been my best friend's dad. His name was Huey. When I was in my teens, I spent a lot of time up at Hilbre where Huey and Corrine his wife) and their two kids lived and ran a Bible Camp for the Shantyman's Association. I worked there for a couple of years, just another grunt on the team, but I had a bad attitude and I knew it. I grew up not understanding how to socialize like the other kids and was always left out of things so I created a deep and elaborate fantasy world for myself which often spilled out into reality... I could be anything I wanted to be. This dug me armpit deep into sci-fi (which I still love) and more and more stuff that would distract me from real life which meant that real life was getting excluded from my reality.

One day, we were stoking the boiler for the camp and he turns to me and asks how often I've been digging into my Bible. I had only become a Christian about two years earlier and had little notion of what the Bible actually said. He sat me down and told me he saw me heading in the wrong direction. After a long talk, he told me, "garbage in, garbage out," referring to what I had been filling my head with and what had started to leak out in my attitudes to people. I don't know exactly why but it has stuck with me all this time. That was when my attitudes to life changed and I started to become worthy of the wife that God was preparing me for. ok, in all honesty, I'll never be worthy of that beautiful soul but that's another story...)
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk