News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Forum movements

Started by ronr, October 13, 2023, 06:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We are still having problem$ with forum software.  What should we migrate to

F-Book
0 (0%)
Discord
1 (100%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

ronr

We're still having issues with the forum software and had to change $ervers recently which should have been relatively seemless.  Other than a slew of error messages for some.

We are looking for suggestions from anyone and everyone on where to go from here!!!!
We need to keep cost down, like zero or less would be in our price range.
Ease of operation for ALL, especially admins who minds are slipping as bad everyone else's when trying to tend to things.
Privacy is of major concern also because we don't need snake oil salesmen, making rude comments about things they know nothing about, or people farming our data.

Mentioned so far has been:
Facebook
Discord
or just disbanding after all these years.   :an cry bukets:  :an cry bukets:  :an cry bukets:

PLEASE leave some feedback so nobody is left out.  Good, Bad, Ugly, we need comments from YOU the members as to your desired direction !!!!!  There will be changes we have to accept.  Let's make them as few as possible.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

I've said this recently but I don't think I can lose any more of my brothers from here. I am trying to stay neutral in this as I don't want to be involved in the decision. I will stand up and suport any decision made. I do think Discord would be a good place for us, but I'm like Switzerland.

I agree everyone please leave your comments, please we need everyone's input on this. This is one of those hard decisions that can only be  made with the feelings and comments of everyone. I don't want to lose what we have here, but it's just become more than we can deal with physically, and financially I know the guys in charge must have spent a long time thinking on this, I doubt they bot to this place without a lot of concern for all of us, a lot of emotional pain.

/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Hollywood

WHOA :emobadmod: Totally disbanding? I can't imagine that. It would be horrible.

I think Discord isn't to good for what we do here.

Facebook is a good alternative, but they have 2 groups I know of already.

But hey if it saves money and helps us I vote Facebook. Thank You Ronr and Fox and anyone else behind the scenes keeping this board going for so long.
Stephen Michael Dirse

looneylane

I have veered away from facebook for privacy issues that may or may not be valid (Totally understanding it may have been a knee jerk reaction) but completely willing to migrate there if needed I really don't want to lose connections with all of you so will join whichever process works best!

foxgrove

Hey.. wondered if someone could step me through how to do Discord with little sentences, lots of gaps and slowly... My pain levels have put me in some strange places of late and my thinker I'm seeming to be a little lost about how to work Discord. Pictures would be nice if you could.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

@foxgrove @Hollywood  Just so both of you can check out Discord, @looneylane can you send these two an invitation, Or pass on the linl upi showed  me the other day, for soem reason I can't find it.

Let me ask this, how would you want to use it, an your phone, or a webpage, or downoading to your personal computer?

I personlly like DIscord as I've used it in the past. But I can see why someone might not like it. It has the public and private rooms we need, and Discord does not have alll the bots that are looking for people that break the rules, they don't really care as long as you don't go overboard.

Here are the steps,

1. go to t this link and make an account https://discord.com/

2. Loony has a link to the specific "server" that we are on

3. Once in, just play around a little.

4. Usually the first page you are on, is like a welcome page for new members, then after that you are directed to the "General chat" page, that is public as in anyone with permission to be on the server. Then you can have several side chanels, which as many as you want can be private. (If I remember right), Need Loony to log back in as admin and double check that. BUt I know I've been on a couple servers that had private channels.

3. Log in and go to that server, and just play around some.

After you do this, give me any questions you have, but those directions should get you  through the biggest part of the server.

/>----------

ronr

Do you have a page set up for the forum also Looney?

looneylane

Nope I am trying to figure out how to open an account so I can see discord

ronr

It gets better, wait till you try to log out.  Hahaha

ronr

Has everyone downloaded the discord app????

I will send some invite links but be kind, I'm trying to set it up and learn it at the same time.

looneylane

Unfortunately i am signed in under an email address that no longer exists and there is no way to change settings without it. Excite was my go to email for years but they shut down their free email accounts years ago. I will see if I can get help from their support team. I forgot that I had used that as my primary when I signed up here

Robby

I just realized that I said Looney was the one that started the server, and I believe I should have said ron, I totally blame it on the fibro kind of like blame it on the rain HAha. Any way one good thing about discord is anyone that is a member can share a "share link", so here it is just keep in mind this is just a basic server no reason to start getting fancy until we decide what wer are going to do.

https://discord.gg/zfmCNpGJ

I'vee been keeping this app downloaded, but I've go a new to me pc, and I just don't want to put more on it than I have to. Not that it uses that much, but you know what I mean.
/>----------

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on October 15, 2023, 07:31:50 PMNope I am trying to figure out how to open an account so I can see discord

What's the hold up? It's not like you have a chronic health condition that makes understanding, or thinking clearly, hard to handle. :emolaugh: 

Seriously, let me know where you're getting off track, and I'll try to help.
/>----------

foxgrove

Thanks, Ron and Robby. You guys are awesome!  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Hollywood

Ok I'm lost. I've been using Discord for 2 years because my gaming friends use it.

I have my own server. I can't find anyone from here.

My name on Discord is Phantom41262 if you search that name my server should show up and then send me a link to you guys.

Or I could start a Men with Fibro server. Let me know what you want to do or where to go on Discord. Thanks. Brothers. :bighug:
Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk