News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

rwilli

Started by toughingitout2, October 31, 2008, 01:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toughingitout2

I have read in the past where you describe your facia breaking loose from the tendons in your neck and it giving you a electric shock feeling.  The reason I ask is because my neck is an absolute mess.  It is my worst symptom by far.  It "pops" on it's own whenever I stretch it or I can manually pop it very easily.  Well occasionally I will get about a milisecond electric shock that startles the hell out of me but it is instantly followed by the most relaxing feeling I have ever felt.  I can actually feel it let loose in different area's.  It always feels like it's a vertabrae but I got to thinking about whay you said about the facia breaking free.  I have always visualized somthing building up on my nerve roots and every so often it will break free.

I must say again, after the quick "shock", the kind that hurts so good, I have a very, very relaxed feeling.  Could I be experiencing facia breaking loose?  I had never heard of facia covering your insides before I read it on here.  Could it be sticking to my tendons (because that's what  feels like initiates the "pop", the tendon)

I know you are not a Dr. but you have allot of experience in this type of thing and I heard you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!  :lmao:  I await your or anyone eles .02
thanks
tio2
Mike
This really sucks.

rwilli

:)  Mike............As I remember 2/3 of the tissue in the body is fascia. It is what makes our tissue into it's forum. Take a muscle, each strand is covered in fascia then a few strands are covered. Then when there is enough they are covered into a bundle we call a muscle. Your skin is fascia, it is around every blood vessel, nerve, tendon and large organs.

It has 5-7 layers as I remember, with one being full of calcium which is normally soft. But it can form it's self into something as hard as bone. You can swear that you are feeling a bone but it is hardened fascia. It can then attach it's self to bone and each bundle can attach themselves to each other. I am kinda dumb right now so I will look into some sites to see what I can find.

You might look into fascia yourself and we can compare our finds. You can contact me through IM within the site if you want.    Ron

rwilli

My damn ISP is screwing up so I lost about half of the post. To weak to continue.. Ron

rwilli

Here are a3 posts from someone who wants to sell stretching stuff. I now remember I did use a tennis ball years ago.

1.   http://laurensfitness.com/2008/03/06/fascia-part-1-an-important-piece-of-the-pain-puzzle/

2.  http://laurensfitness.com/2008/03/13/fascia-part-2-where-is-the-problem/

3.  http://laurensfitness.com/2008/03/20/fascia-part-3-stop-the-pain/

This will give you a start but is not definitive. I will keep looking. I thought I had more in my favorites but I guess the stuff was in my old puter.         Ron

rwilli

This is from Devin's book. Great book................our bible per say......Do you think we cound have this site pinned Ron? It would help with the new guys getting started. It seems to answer a lot of the first questions.

http://www.sover.net/~devstar/define.htm

rwilli

Another site from Devin's partners....talks about the ground sustance getting hard..

http://www.friendswithfibro.org/mps.html                         Ron

rwilli

:)   More info on CMP/FMS

http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldformat.asp?url=newlook/files/feat/chronicpain.htm

If everyone would just have a look around the net you would be surprised how much info there is now. I was an embalmer when I was young and took the classes.......anatomy,physeology etc. so it is easier for me to understand but if everyone works at it you to can get to te point where you'ALL" of you will learn this stuff. You are going to have this crap for a long time.

There is a lot that we all that have been in here for awhile and this is how we learned what we have. You should even ty to learn some pharmacology when you Can.  Go slow.      Ron

toughingitout2

man, thanks for all the sites.  I am going to read each and go slow as you like to say...  question, when you "broke free" as you spoke of, what did it feel like for you?
Thanks.
mike
This really sucks.

rwilli

:)  Mike.......it really depended on what was ripping free. There is usually no intense pain involved since there are no nerves in fascia per say. I have had things ripping for the last 45 years. Sometimes I can feel the ripping as a kid of crackling sound, sometimes it felt like felt being ripped. I can't remember any real strong feelings after a rip but I felt I was moving forward, if this is making ant sense.

As I work and it is work as I move over the tendons and nerves that are bound in large areas of fascia around my jaw attachment area and along my whole lower jaw area I can get the electric current feelings, some numbness. It can be very painful while palpitating it so pain meds are necessary as I have said before. The more pain you can stand the more you can help yourself.

I can now pull my head to the side and feel it pulling in my jaw and down the muscles in my neck and shoulder. Which is because it is all one big piece as one of the articles states. This is big for me. All of this is a very slow process. I have had tendons that attach the fascia that covers my brain break free one at a time. Then the whole piece of fascia cracked like it was glass. I got a little less feeling that I had that felt like pressure all the time. This was a few years ago.

This is hard to explain and probable even harder to understand as I never felt any of this stuff tighten up. I just kept getting tighter. With more pain as I grew older. I started stretching as a teenager and kept trying new things. When I started I coud only bend to about 4 in.above my knees. I was never told to do so by a DR, except to wear the lift in my shoe but then he said my hips were ok so I could take it out. I felt there was more to come so I left it in for 5+ more years till the fascia broke free and let my hips go where they were supposed to be. The same with the hard neck brace. I wanted to stretch the two large tendons so I could then stretch the rest of the muscles. After 5? yrs or so they cracked free and then I could feel the stretching in the other muscles. I went to Thailand and had 1200+ hours of massage that helped also. But I was stretching all the time also.

I would advise that you just start stretching any and everything you can find. Palpitate everywhere you can to find out what helps. You are going to live a long time so get busy.   ::)   Ron

rwilli

:)  Also everyone need to make the time to meditate. I was finding that even when I was resting I was very, very tight. I could not completely relax. Don't think of meditation so much as a mystic thing it is a excellent form of relaxation and concentration. A way to clear your mind.

Look on the net, there are man ways to get into a mediative state. just don't try to hard it is a very natural thing. getting fully relaxed id a big step in getting better.

Start relaxing your head, then neck then work your way completely down your body. It will take awhile so be patient. I do it laying down as it is much more comfortable for me. just try not to go to sleep.....lol.

rwilli

:)  I don't think I posted this. I had to look it over because it had a lot of adds. Just forget them. There is quit a bit of good info although some of it is not quit up to date but a good site anyway. Look it over and take some with a grain of salt.

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/QA/

I have tried a lot of the vitamins and herbs without any real help except my pee was really yellow....lol. As many know I have had 1200+ hrs of Thai. massage but that much here in the US would cost a fortune but it did help a lot. Go slow..............Ron

rwilli

:)  When I was a teenager I could crack my neck and I thought it was my only problem. I would get mad at the Chiropractors for not being able to get them all. I was continually trying to crack my neck. Particularly the atlas area. The first vertebrae. I am actually getting a little movement there as I stretch the tendons etc. so  it can move. Even though it is only a little crack it feels as though it will someday be big.

I now know that it is the fascia that is holdings things in place. And that stretching/palpitating/meditation is  even more important. I am just glad I started at a young age. I know that I have been harping on this a lot but I am finding that it is very important and along with the meds is slowly making me well or at least better. So guys keep working on your selves and slowly you should see some improvement. I know is seems like nothing is happening but don't give up on this stuff. It will work SLOWLY.    Ron

rwilli

:)  I seem to have a lot to say latly   :laugh:  some say always. But I have been going over the many years I have had this stuff. About working with pain or DR's in general. There is something called the cycle of pain. Pain makes you tighten up and tightening up causes more pain. So if you can start talking about how if you could break this cycle you could help yourself more. You might not bring up the cycle just tell them that you think things would be better if you could break one of these things. He know about the pain cycle.

That is you were in less pain you could relax more and how you think you would feel better. That if you could relax and take more pain you could stretch more. You don't really need to mention pain meds. But start and keep up this type of diaglogue. That is why you guys need to learn as much as you can BECAUSE YOU ARE YOUR ONLY ADVACATE, really.

Kind of try to give the benifits of being in less pain would be good for you, you think. Take what ever they give you even if you already know it will not help. Just say that is was of no help on your next visit. You can't just ask for pain meds. Let the DR think that you are just trying to get well.

Work on them for awhile it won't happen over nght, at leasst it didn't for me. If you aren't getting any relief then change DR's with the excuse of wanting to find one who might understand FM/CMP more. Go slow and don't give up.

I hope this help some of you guys anf girls get out of some of the pain your in because when you do get some relief you will be able to help yourself even more.   Ron

popeye

All this time I thought being an embalmer was part of the joke.....You really were, far out.

Your right I hope I don't need advise about that subject.  Though you could probably help me with my black circles.
Ha.ha.

denny

let it all out ron :biggrin:

good luck mike!
thats way too much reading for me.
i am envious ;)
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk