News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Tramadol Users...Is anyone having to up their dose?

Started by Congnizance, May 25, 2011, 07:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Congnizance

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone who uses Tramadol has become used to their dose and had to up it. I have been on it for about 5 years and I am at 2x 50mg twice a day. At the rate I have been increasing I will reach the max dose in about 5 years.

For me Tramadol has been fantastic for my spasms, sleep, and overall pain. Does anyone know what would be a stronger drug that I might have to switch to? I am kind of curious about the progression of drugs people have experienced.

Philip

ronr

If tramadol is working for you then I would stay with it as long as possible rather than switching to a "stronger" drug.

Increasing the dose as time goes by is common with all drugs used for pain.  You are thankfully not at the maximum yet and I would wait to see what is available when the times comes that this does not work adequately for you any more.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Lucky1

What ya taking? Got anything good?   I believe I started a thread on this, or some on did.  Much of it is INSURANCE or lack there of.   And many of the guys here are in Canada also complicating communication.  Back to meds. Wide range of pain meds. What will your MD write? How bad is your pain? What is Covered?  Other than pain meds.  Many of us take gabapentin-Neuronton an old school neuro. drug.  Lyrica if you have good insurance or NO ins.(Phiser connectiontocare.com USA only) is newer and more effective. Some folks take both.   Lots of folks find some relief with medical/only/mj.     What types of pain bug you the most?      Lots of us have posted stuff,look around a bit.   There are a few of us that are experts, but will not make that claim openly.

augoldminer

What i have found with fibro is you never get rid of all the pain and your taking to much pain meds if you try.

Mine was bad when it first started with 24 hour a day cramps in the arms and legs.
Pain running down the bottom of my arms so bad i could not rest my arms on 3 inch soft foam pads.

Sleep was impossible from the pain.

Gabapentin with Salsalate cut the pain down to a dull ache that i can live with and sleep.

With me gabapentin does not work for the pain from the inflammatory disorder i have (sarcoidosis)
And the salsalate does not work for the neurological pain of the fibro.
So i have to take both or the inflammatory drives the fibro pain.

With my C-pap i can get a nights sleep and have slowly been needing less meds over time.

I tend to under medicate during the day with just enough meds to function during the day taken only when i need them. And up my dosage at night so that i get a good nights sleep.

Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

tojo

I am at the max dose and have been for about two years it is 2x 50 4 x a day. Still helping me
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

kingd

For me it's 2x50 twice a day but have had to increase dose lately so I can sleep at night (1 x50 before bed two to three times a week).

Seems to not be working as well but I'm still trying to keep from increasing the dose.

AchinDude

Advice given so far is spot on.

Stick with it as long as it is working.   When the time comes, the docs will most likely have to "experiment" with a new med, to see if it is going to work.

Hang in there.

BOB
-------------
MWF ADM/Owner

SidS

I was at the max dose of 2x50 3-4 times a day but this past few weeks my doctors want to take me off of it with out giving me anything else.
i went to the pain clinic at Group Health and the DR there did not do crap she just talked to me for 40 mins and said it was all in my head and i need to see my shrink and to do more walking. has anyone else had this problem? i also am going back to the Rheumatologist that told me i had FM even though it is a 40min drive each way.
i was shocked that none of them my PCP the pain clinic DR and my new Rheumatologist offered any other pain meds or any thing.
they told me that i have to learn to live with the pain after 2 years of pain and being on meds.

ronr

Sid,

I replied to your other post but  can see clearly now that it is time for you to be looking for some new docs. 

It IS NOT all in your head, and it has been proven so.  These people that are telling you that need a bit of a refresher.  Just doing more walking is going to be good for you but will likely make the FM worse, especially without the meds you have been on for two years.

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SidS

Quote from: ronr on July 30, 2011, 09:14:52 PM
Sid,

I replied to your other post but  can see clearly now that it is time for you to be looking for some new docs. 

It IS NOT all in your head, and it has been proven so.  These people that are telling you that need a bit of a refresher.  Just doing more walking is going to be good for you but will likely make the FM worse, especially without the meds you have been on for two years.

Thanks ronr i saw it and i will.

foxgrove

That's a crap situation brother.  I agree totally.  Time to get new docs!!!  What they are telling you is total BS!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk