News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Neck stretcher

Started by tojo, September 29, 2011, 02:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tojo

Well I have been looking at this gadget in the catalogs for a long time now and finally broke down and bought one.

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/EFB56D77-0A79-4EFA-A7A0-3BADD82E350C/productID/FE9E77EB-D6BD-420A-B329-8B6233C349A5

It always looked liked it would be a great thing and now that I have one I know that it is. It is very sturdy, built a whole lot better than I expected it to be.

All you have to do is put it on pump it up and bingo your neck is in traction. It has really been helping me a lot with neck, shoulder and even headache pain. I personally recommend this to all of my Fibromite Brothers and Sisters. You don't have to leave it on long for it to work. But I have pumped it up all the way a couple of times and just sat back in my chair and fell asleep. Woke up took it off and my neck and shoulders felt wonderful. Try it you wont be sorry.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

Just make sure you don't inflate it too much and pass out from lack of oxygen to yer noggin!!!  I read in the comments that it has a "strong smell" so if any of you are chemically sensitive or find that fragrances trigger your pain or migraines, I might suggest against this particular product... I still like the concept though!!  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

tojo

It did have a smell to it but I wiped it down with dish soap and it went right away. I guess you could use something else or rinse real, real well to get rid of the soap smell. I do not think that any smells are left on it but then my sniffer has not been acting up lately either, thank God.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

Well.. unfortunately, for a lot of folks these days, simply washing away the smell doesn't cut it as it's simply delaying the ineveitable.  Basically, vinyl is simply a derivative of petroleum products and chlorine..  The petroleum base causes the product to offgass volitile organic compounds until it has degraded to the point that it is no longer vinyl.  For those who are chemically injured, it doesn't matter if you can smell the chemicals it offgasses... they are just the hint to us that it will likely be a problem product.

Thank you for letting me know.  That is more important information than you would ever believe... If I had ordered it not knowing it was a problem material, I could have suffered many migraines before we were able to get things back under control.  Info like you just provided seems benign but it saves me from a heapload of unnecessary pain.  Thank you brother.  :great:

Foxgrove

BRPFan

What a neat product! I don't have neck problems per say but I have been getting these awful headaches lately. I think they are coming from that darn testosterone gel that I am taking.

Sure hope this product gives you long lasting relief and comfort!

countryboy

Gee, a pump up neck stretcher.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I heard of the pump up stretcher for another part of the body, but not the neck.   :blush:   It might be worth looking in to.  The other one sure wouldn't do any good any more.   :nono1:
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

avorado

I like this... I wonder if they have anything like this for herniated disc problems. A decompressor so to speak, interesting.

Countryboy.... be careful not to overinflate !!!

striker308

I use an invesion table that my wife got me at Dicks sporting good.

it decompresses my back, hips and neck at the same time.......... I couldn't live without it anymore.

I have herniated discks in C5, C6, and we now think L4, L5. without the table I'd be on wheels by now, not the good ones.
"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

ronr

Striker,

How much do you have to use the table, as in how long at a stretch and times per day?  I'm sure it varies with the conditions but I was just wondering about a general idea.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

striker308

Quote from: ronr on October 02, 2011, 08:51:36 AM
Striker,

How much do you have to use the table, as in how long at a stretch and times per day?  I'm sure it varies with the conditions but I was just wondering about a general idea.

I can't hang like a bat for very long, maybe 45 sec at a time then i come back to an uprigt position for a min or two then back down.

I spend about seven min doing this in the morning before work and then again at night just before dinner. I tried doing it closer to bed but that gave me too much mobility ;) the wife was worried I'd over do it :biggrin:

seriously now, the $239.00us we spent on it has been soooooooo worth it. I love this thing more than the tens unit. there are days where we all spend 15-20 min just thinking about getting out of a chair while I still do this I spend that 15-20 a day just hanging around now.

The thing is supper simple, once you adjust it to your hight and get it set to balance you just move your arms up or down and you swing right back up, no tummy chrunches to get back up again.
https://www.teetertv.com/?x=baa
"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

tojo

I had one and loved it before I lost my home. Then I had no place to put it use it or keep it so I gave it away. Really do not have any room here at the ranch for it either untill the junk gets sorted and moved into a storage container. I have my total gym still and can't wait to use it well  it is a konck off of a total gym but it works just as good and I paid a LOT less for it.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

Hoping that you find space for it soon brother.. I'm so pleased at the changes you have made over the years..  When I think back.. wow.  You've come a long way brother!!  Back on the ranch where you wanted to be.  That's so cool!! :great:

Foxgrove

tojo

Yes my friend things they are a changing and so far they are for the better and you are right it has been a long row to hoe.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

db

I had a similar neck support that I'm sure cost more than this one.  I quit using it.  I was trying to see if it would help me walk better without triggering my fibro symptoms.  I think it didn't and may have just put more stress on my upper back.

I also had trouble with the inversion table.  Upset my stomach too much.  I stored it away and never feel like using it again. 

It's good to see there might be a reason to get them out again.

db  :insane:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk