News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

IMAK arthritis gloves

Started by WolfSoul, December 29, 2011, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfSoul

I bought these online at CVS.com for about $15 (I work for the company so get a lot of my health stuff there.) They are also available on Amazon. com

The gloves are primarily for arthritis but I have found that they work great for the stiff/soreness from the Fibro too. I do data entry, so I type a lot, and I really needed something to help.

At first I tried the Futuro brand and they were good too but they are completely fingerless and look like an ace bandage. The Imak come in black and gray and look a little "classier" and a lot less "orthopedic." Also, they fingers of the gloves extend all the way up to the first knuckle on your finger. That keeps your fingers warmer and compressed too and still leaves enough exposed to touch (and type! I am wearing them now!  :biggrin: )

Hope this review helps someone too!

avorado

My wife suffers terribly from Arthritis in the hands et al. Fingers are all bent the wrong way and very painful.
She has been using a hot wax treatment and it seems to give some relief. These gloves are interesting and are worth checking out.
Thanks again

tojo

i want to get one of those hot wax machines. used to have a  friend that was a hair dresser and they had one of those hot wax things and i used to go in and get "hand jobs" at least once a week LOL

i am currently using the full finger gloves that I get at http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/categoryID/EFB56D77-0A79-4EFA-A7A0-3BADD82E350C/productID/EEEE5B2B-F187-4F2B-AA93-2673910D3164

They seem to last for a decent amount of time and they are only $10 they really help when i am typing and since the cold fronts have been rolling through the area i have been using them to drive also.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

wolf812

I am really interested in the gloves  have arthritus  inhands and wrist  AND THE HOT WAX IS MY BEST FRIEND !!!!!

I will jafter wearng them for a month report back
Bryan Hopkins  from Wisconsin  too all I wish the best and know all are always in my prayers.

WolfSoul

Yeah, I'm going to order a second pair soon, as a backup.

I never thought about hot wax. Where can I go to have it poured on my entire body?  :insane:

wolf812

Well  if i knew where i could  get the whole body dipped in the Hot Wax  Brother I assure you I would share it

With everyone  old-man/cane

I am going to try to find the gloves

If you find  the hot wax  Tub  before me  dont forget who  offered  first :hi:

I wish  you and all whom read this  a pain free day on me  My prayers  are for all
Bryan from Wisconsin
Bryan Hopkins  from Wisconsin  too all I wish the best and know all are always in my prayers.

WolfSoul

I got my gloves here: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=865540&productId=865540&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Amazon.com also has them, but I think CVS is cheaper.

Quote from: wolf812 on March 27, 2012, 05:43:45 PM

Well  if i knew where i could  get the whole body dipped in the Hot Wax  Brother I assure you I would share it

With everyone  old-man/cane

I am going to try to find the gloves

If you find  the hot wax  Tub  before me  dont forget who  offered  first :hi:

I wish  you and all whom read this  a pain free day on me  My prayers  are for all
Bryan from Wisconsin

chris777

I use the futuro http://www.amazon.com/Futuro-Energizing-Support-Glove-Medium/dp/B0057D7YH2/ref=sr_1_37?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1345353774&sr=1-37

They used to offer them in 2 packs for around 8 bucks at wally world, but someone figured out they could sell them in 1 packs at the same price or near it .

Been wanting to try the imaks for a while , I guess ill break down and get a pair, I also recommended  http://www.amazon.com/Futuro-Energizing-Wrist-Support-Extra-Large/dp/B0057D87ZU/ref=sr_1_33?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1345353774&sr=1-33   with the warning that the Velcro stops working after a while for some reason. 

I have problems with my wrist from using a cane, and my thumbs , sometimes my fingers hurt  worse than normal.

I have been seriulslly thinking about trying ot make my own gloves, as even the fingerless ones can be pretty hot at times, not sure if anyone makes a stretchable mesh, or if I would have to use a combination mesh and spandex.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk