News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Senior moment?

Started by willie, February 25, 2012, 11:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willie

I've been trying to keep busy while cutting back the dosage of the fentanyl patch, I'm down to 12mcg, so that I don't go crazy wanting to crawl out of my skin. This is not fun but if I can keep my mind busy I don't seem to notice the uncomfortable feeling this causes. Anyway, I've been out in my workshop cleaning and organizing and doing all those little things that have been put off too long. I needed to nail a shelf bracket and grabbed one of my air nailers. I have used this tool hundreds of times. I stood there for 5 minutes looking at it trying to remember how to open it to load in some nails. I was totally blank! I finally remembered but that scared the hell out of me! That is a first for me, at least to totally forget something that is usually second nature to me. I don't really have a problem with fibrofog so I don't think that was it but if this happens again I'm going to get this checked out.  old man w-cane

Zathras

Been there, done that. Not that long ago I went to make a meal that I have made many times. I think I stood there for 5 minutes before the recipe came back to me. That both scared the hell out of me and pissed me off.

There are days when it feels like a struggle to remember my own name.

foxgrove

I can relate..  fog and I are intimately familiar with each another!!!  Standing in the middle of a room, waiting for the inspiration as to what on earth has brought me into this room..  or getting to the door of a room and not remembering whether you were going into the room or coming out of it...  or getting your clothes half on and not remembering if you were getting up or going to bed...  Or finding out you actually DID go to that doctor's appointment yesterday and had a 20 minute chat with your doctor that somehow you have NO idea about.

Fog is something we don't get much choice over so remember to laugh at yourself at least once a day.  It's good for your health!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

willie

I find myself walking into rooms and wondering why for a while, but this was different. I knew what I wanted to do just couldn't remember how! Nobody ever told me getting old was going to be this much fun!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!! :insane:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk