News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

10 year old boy with Fibro

Started by creative_companion, December 29, 2012, 10:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creative_companion

Hi Folks, my name is Wendy and I have a 10 year old son with Fibro.  His name is Charlie.  I am so grateful to see this area for teens and hope that kids and families are welcome here too.  My son and I would be happy to help out in this forum if needed.  We have not, as of yet, found any other kids with fibro and would really like to find other families who can relate to the particular issues of growing up with cronic pain....particularly growing up as a boy with cronic pain.  Charlie likes all of the emoticons offered!  Here are a few of his favorites... :blowup:  :yikes: :jawdrop: old man w-cane old-man/cane
Any families with kids with fibro, please email us at creative_companion@yahoo.com and write "fibro family" in the subject.  Thanks!  Wendy & Charlie

creative_companion

Hello this is Charlie. I am 10 years old and have chronic pain, and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  This has been going on since I was two years old. I am not happy at all  :emocurse: and would like support. It has started im my legs and has gone up to my thighs and low back  :giveup:.  I do not know any other boys with fibro. They would be appreciated. If you would like to email me :pals: my moms e-mail is creative_companion@yahoo.com .  Be sure to put labeled "boy with fibro" on subject  line. I also would not mind hearing from anyone else who has chronic pain. :1115:   

ronr

WELCOME Wendy and Charlie !!!!

I know many members have commented on having FM at a very young age but that it was not diagnose until they were much older.  I see some signs in myself but it really manifested after a severe injury.  I know some of the other guys will be along shortly to offer some insight from their childhood years.

What have the doctors offered for treatment so far?  Heat, whether it be a hot tub, heating pad, or whatever is a help for a great deal of us.  That is unless heat causes other issues.  Between heat and slow and easy stretching, we can gain some mobility and be able to participate in things better.  

How is it going with school and is there anything they can do to accommodate Charlie's pain problems?

There are some teens that have become members and post things about dealing with their life in school.  I'm not sure that it is in this particular forum but I will look to see if I can find any of them.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

countryboy

Hats off to you Charlie and also you Wendy.

How did you get a diagnosis about the Fibro and at what age?  I would imagine that school is rather tough to handle even on the good days.  You seem to handle things fairly well, so let's hope that you can prosper from what you might learn here.

Sounds like you both could teach us all some things.

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

DEL

God Bless You and your family. I've been helped a lot by this wonderful group of people and pray you will benefit from our experiences.
I didn't know anything about Fibro but have increased my knowledge with the great information available here. As a parent I can't imagine
a child having to deal with this, but I will pray for your strength and healing for Charlie.

Stay strong and God Bless.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk