News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

MMJ legal issues

Started by ronr, October 17, 2014, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

My how times change.  At a younger age I thought it would surely be legalized over time, as I grew older I never thought I would live to see MMJ legalized.  Now it is medically legalized in my state although it is still in it's infancy and pharmacies are due to open next year.  Now if the pain clinic I am forced to go to would get with the program I could at least legally try it.

New Mexico: Appeals Court Says Medicinal Marijuana Costs Covered By Workers' Comp
http://norml.org/news/2014/10/16/new-mexico-appeals-court-says-medicinal-marijuana-costs-covered-by-workers-comp

Canada: Nation's Largest Mental Health Group Calls For Legalizing Cannabis
http://norml.org/news/2014/10/16/canada-nation-s-largest-mental-health-group-calls-for-legalizing-cannabis
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Its going to cost near $400 to get set up for medical mmj.and you dont even get any weed with that!
I want total legalization.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Well.. what I've come to realize is that whether or not it is legalized, I'm still going to be totally screwed when it comes to actually being able to use it.  The ONLY way we are able to keep house and home is that between my private insurace )which takes care of the enormous deductible) and our provincial pharmacare insurance, almost all of my med costs are covered.  The only time I'm really messed up is when we get prescribed something that we have to do out of pocket.  Those ones hurt big time.

MMJ was close to $10 a gram through the system.. now with the switchover to privatized supply, it starts at around 8 and goes to 15 a gram.  marijuanatravels.com still lists Winnipeg at $10 a gram which seems about average but when you take into account how much is actually required to use as a substitute medication for this level of pain, I'd be selling my house to pay the bill within a month or two.  As of April of this year, home growing of pot is illegal under all conditions and the reality is that no insurance company is going to reimburse for pot... at least not in any near future that I can envision.  That means it's not even possible to contemplate this as a medication for me, legalized or not.

Oh well.. at least my doc is still working to find solutions that we can do.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Lonesome George

I've never smoked mmj, but would like to try it and see if it helps. I live in a non-legal state, with no promise of being legal anytime soon. I have noticed that in the legal states that prices are way above what I can afford. I don't even know where to buy off the street, and then I wouldn't know what I was getting. I want milder stuff to start. IF I could find some to try, and it worked, I would just have to try to grow my own and take my chances because of the price.

The only thing that will control my pain enough is the corn vodka I talk about. Hydrocodone will dull my pain when it isn't as bad, but it keeps me awake all night until around 6-10 am. It tenses up my muscles, which I figure is related to my essential tremors, and makes me itch. The other drugs for pain don't really trip my trigger. Gabapentin, and its sister drugs Lyrica and Cymbalta are off the list for me.  The possible side effects are one reason, and the fact you can't drink is a major reason. Since drinking is the only relief for major pain, I don't want to rule that out. Plus, what I have read here and other places, the above listed drugs usually don't do that great of a job on their own, and their effects wear off and doseage needs increased a time or two a year.

I don't know what to do. I can not and will not drink every night, I don't want anymore mind altering pain killing drugs. The hydrocodone won't let me sleep until most of its pain relieving effects have worn off, and other drugs have harsh side effects, and usually if you start one, within a year you are on 2-4 other drugs to counter the side effects and to help the first drug work.

I can't take not sleeping from pain and drug side effects much longer. I can usually get through the day without anything and suck it up, which is also why I don't want to take anything I have to take around the clock. It's the nights that get me.  As soon as I start to relax to go to sleep the real pain hits, even worse than what I had before bed.

I mowed today and am in lots of pain. So, it's another night of drinking until I'm numb and passing out for 6-8 hours for some much needed rest. It's not a good thing, but nothing else will let me sleep more than 4-5 hours, even then it is light restless sleep with pain breakthrough all throughout my sleep.  

In the 90's when I was working like a dog at my business I never dreamed my life would come to this. But yet, I'm still much better off than so many people I feel guilty complaining about it. I would just like to have some relief for a while.

augoldminer

I take Gabapentin and still drink.

I just allow time for the alcohol to wear off before i take my gabapentin for the night.

but then i have no side effects from Gabapentin except weight gain and that i why i am down to one a day just before bed.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

looneylane

Right now I have no desire for it especially as I know it's effects on me as I am foggy enough. For those it works for and is medically available I say go for it.

Robby

I have never tried mmj, which is hard to believe considering some of the things I did, and the people I hung out with. There was more than once I got a contact high, from being in the room with the people that were smoking. I would hand the joint from the person on my right, to the person on my left, but I never inhaled. I didn't care, I didn't mind hanging out with people that did, I just didn't want to do it myself. No reason, just didn't want to. But, right now, I would give it a try in a bug hurry, if I got the chance to try it for a week or so, just to see if and how much good it would do. But, it will be a long time before Mississippi legalizes it, probably the last state that will.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk