News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

grimace

Started by denny, August 12, 2015, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denny

Anyone develop a grimace?
I get high eyebrows,wide open eyes and tightened cheeks,like im smileing.

It takes a consious effort to relax it.
Soons i stop paying attention its back again.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

I do have the tightened forehead but no lip grimace most of the time.

denny

The wide open eyes freak me out.
Shouldnt i be squinting?

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Barberian

I developed tardive disconesia (sp) a couple years ago from some meds I was on. I have tic's (involuntary movements) in my neck, jaw and lower face. When I fight it my whole face tightens up for into a grimmace. I don't think that's what your talking about though.

foxgrove

My wife is always asking me why I'm so angry... I'm not but looking in a mirror, you'd think I was an axe murderer or something!!  Takes a conscious effort to get my face back into a neutral position.  Weird huh.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

db

I'm told I look angry.  I'm mostly just tired so I probably groan and grimace when I am trying to be active.  I try to smile but I don't think I'm fooling anyone.

: :( :

It does kind of bug me that people expect that sick people should try to act like their is nothing wrong and be very pleasant.  I don't know about you but trying to but a happy face to this stuff is just to hard.   :emowall:  It's all I can do to keep going.

db

looneylane

I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve so when I am mad everyone knows. Pain face can turn to mad face quick though as way more sensitive at that time.

foxgrove

QuotePain face can turn to mad face quick though as way more sensitive at that time.

You ain't whistling dixie either, Looney!  I've noticed the same thing... hard to accept sometimes but there it is. :dunno:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

Mine is more of the eyes squinting and lips pursed, I think.  A mad look also just different.

It makes being the grumpy old man easier and more convincing.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

db

At the end of year holidays, I always identify with the Grinch.  Maybe I can end it on a high note too.   :clapping:

db

Robby

I've spent so long trying to hide both my physical, and emotional pain, that most of the time (or so I'm told), when I'm depressed or in a lot of pain is about the only time I actually act or look "normal".    "man inside box"
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

We need to all lower our"normal"standards.
This IS normal now.
Dont expect less.

I too have put a lot of energy into"passing"in  normal socity.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

tojo

I seem to have the scrunched up forehead all of the time, and have developed the wrinkles to go along with it. Eyes not wide open as I am very light sensitive so normally they are squinty LOL
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

DEL

I've looked pissed for years-long before the Fibro took over. This may, however, have been the start of the PTSD. I can't consciously control it
so I don't really think about it, except when I have to explain to somebody that my facial expression doesn't necessarily reflect
my true demeanor.

Oh well, it's not like I was in the running for the next "Good Humor Man"... ::surprised:: :emocurse: :laughbounce2: :emocrazy:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk