News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Advice?

Started by Gene, April 25, 2016, 03:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

QuoteOne question I never considered Fibro Fog to be a real issue for me.

But over the last 6 months it is getting worse with me struggling for the right words to match my thoughts and doing things like making up words because I can't just get the right one to come out.

For instance if I want the TV Remote I might say to my daughter give me the rotowheeler? What?  confused

and I know it wasn't what I was trying for. Do any of you have that kind of experience and does the Fog seem to get worse at times?

:lmao:  YES!!  Totally!!!  Welcome to the new world... here's a copy of your Fibrish Dictionary... keep it handy.  What.... whaddaya mean we don't have a dictionary???  Rats!!! :biggrin: Oh well...  Just keep laughing at yourself and don't let it get you down.  I sure know how frustrating it can be... just wait till someone hands you a phone and says, "You were there, you tell them what you saw."  :lmao: :rotfl:

Lonesome George nailed it to a tee... or is that a tree... which do you nail it to?  As you can see, metaphors get kerfuffled in a big way, sayings just come out however they come out, and my wife just smiles and nods.  The charades part is a normal routine that I spin to almost immediately now interjecting any words that I think are at least closely related.  It gets to be quite hilarious if you're able to look back at the ease with which our minds play with little things like "door handle" or "breakfast" or "I have to go pee"... now THAT was a hilarious conversation, what with me dancing around and the bathroom in use and them all confused on the other side of the door.

New words shmew words... people make stuff up all the time, don't they?  Just listen in to a corporate beginning of year ra-ra session... new stupid words galore... rightsizing, vectoring, brand alignment, thought leader, paradigm shift(oooo, I hated that one!!)... I mean, come on... at least ours are funny.  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I can't speak worth cacadodo anymore.
That may be an indication of what I'm thinking...  :laughbounce2: or not.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

Fog seems to cycle like everything else but when we are living in our own private pain filled world it's no wonder we cannot concentrate enough to find the right word.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

countryboy

Man what a topic.  Things change so fast these days, our minds are left way behind.  I agree that the Fibro
Fog has really done a number on me lately.  At times my clients call me back and want an explanation of what I said earlier.  That really makes you feel dumb.

With that being said, I have officially retired as of June 1st.  Don't know how this will effect some of my 30 year clients, but enough is enough.  In order to keep my license intact, I have to have 30 hours of continuing education each year.  The on line classes are getting harder and harder to comprehend a lot of the time.  Attending seminars is worse for the retention aspect of some of the subjects that we have to cover.  I am the type of person that gets more out of reading something at my own speed than to listen to someone else explaining something to me.

There are other medical reasons for my retiring, but I think the Fibro has climbed to the top of the ladder and there seems no way to remove it.   I guess time will tell if I am making the right decision, but I think that the timing is important.

Good luck to all you guys with your fight.  May the best man win and we know it isn't Fibro.   :insane: Beat dead horse
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk