News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Mixing pregabilin and opioids possibly fatal... even if the doctor said to!

Started by foxgrove, August 23, 2018, 02:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

I just stumbled upon a lovely piece of research that has scared me a little.  It seems that Lyrica on it's own is fairly safe but when prescribed alongside an opioid, it can cause death... they believe it may have something to do with depressing the breathing and causing the person to asphixate.  A Canadian study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine studied over 1400 overdose deaths where both pregabilin (Lyrica) and opioids had been prescribed and over 5000 patients who were only prescribed opioids for their control group.  They found that there was an increased risk of death at any dosage of pregabilin but once it rose above 300mg, the risk was twice that of a regular opioid prescribed patient!

I don't know how many of you are prescribed both but it sounds like over 50% of Ontario folks who are prescribed pregabilin are also prescribed opioids just as I was.  Talk to your doctor and see if there is a med change in your future!

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stories/2018/8/21/studies-warn-of-pregabalin-deaths
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

I have 2700mg gabapinton. Isn't lyrical the same thing?

I'm down to 1-15mg SR morphine/day.
Doc was making noises like morphine is going to go away so I'm beating him to the punch.
If I can prove morphine has nothing to do with my weight loss maybe I keep it.
Can't get below 1/day. : :( : :giveup:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Well, pregabilin and gabapentin are not the same medication and while they do some of the same things and are kissing cousins to each other, I don't see any reason to jump to that conclusion.  Are you still functional at that low dosage?  Man, that's quite the dose alteration... isn't that less than half of what you were on?

Foxgrove

denny

Yeah,but it wasn't hard over time. It's just I can't stand having none.
I wonder how long it would take to satisfy him?

There just ain't enough weed here to do it! an blow up :mmj: ::head spinning::

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Well... I don't know what your specific case will require... I'm thinking STRONG stuff... but I would imagine many of us would require some pretty strong "medication" to match what we are already on.  I don't know enough about the stuff to comment on whether or not it would do the trick but if the docs give me the go-ahead, I'm willing to try.

Foxgrove

denny

I should add-im doing it,I ain't digging it!-.
I'll tell you right now,it's NOT the morphine.
It's a shame i have to go through this to prove it.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Crappy.  I sure don't doubt that it's the friggin Lyrica.  Some days you just wonder what those chemists are thinkin!  :insane:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk