News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Good news and Bad news

Started by Robby, December 17, 2019, 06:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Yesterday afternoon we had a tornado outbreak here. Starting at 3:57pm one mile from my house and followed a rural highway for 4 miles, turned right at an intersection then followed another rural highway for 12 miles, then turned left at another intersection and followed a major highway for about another 5 miles before playing out. In all there were 1 church damaged, 1 church (that I attended for a while) that is nothing but a concrete slab now. Most of the church looks like something you would buy at Ikea and is located on the property next door. There were 20 houses that have structural damage, 49 houses with at least 75% damage, they were destroyed, but somebody forgot to tell the walls that are still standing.

On the news they showed 2 dash cam videos of 18-wheeler's being blown over, 8 security cam, and doorbell video's of the tornado's moving down the middle of a street, leveling houses on both sides of the road, somehow that particular house with a video camera survived, so we would have the video to watch. I've always wanted to see a video of the inside of a tornado, and now I have. A cell phone camera a woman drving down the road, when she sees a funnel cloud come out from behind a line of trees moving right across a LP Gas company. She throws the Blazer in reverse and is backing up as fast as she can, then it appears she decides to turn around, and drops the camera. Then they interviewed her the next day, she said she was backing up, when the wind hit the truck, and spun it around, jerked the wheel out of her hands, that's why she dropped the phone.

Now the most impressive numbers of all there were exactly 0 injuries, and 0 fatalities here. However in other parts of the countries there were some injuries and deaths from the same line of storms. So I'm just praising God everyone here is safe. If a building can be built once, it can be rebuilt even better.

All of this due to another Canadian High Pressure System, I swear nothing good ever came out of Canada. fox, I told you to keep this stuff up there, we don't want Canadian Weather down here. lol/jk

If you want to see any of the video's I mentioned here's a link
https://www.wtva.com/home/
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Insane!!!  So glad that y'all are ok.  Tornadoes at this time of year... wow... talk about hardship.  Praise God nobody got injured.  Hope the cleanup and rebuild doesn't take too long.  Got y'all in my prayers. :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

One mile is just a little too close for comfort Robby !   And very long last covering that many miles.

At least everyone is OK Thank God.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Amazing.
Wonder  if they stay on the road because of temperature differences ?
Heard they follow train tracks.

Glad you and yours are okay!
Close call
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Guys, I'm sorry I just realized what I said. I did not mean to say that they were on the  ground that whole time, just that one would drop go a little ways, then lift up, a little ways down the road another would drop, or maybe they were on the ground at the same time, but they followed the road for that direction and that many miles, then it was just like watching a gps information from a car, you could see the storm system make a turn at the intersection to follow the next road. That was the really crazy part, they mark touchdowns with circles, there would be a circle on the west side of the intersection, and the next circle was on the north side of the intersection. It's the exact same route that Garrett takes to work, and the last one was just a mile from where he works.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Good grief!  That's WAY too close! 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk