News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Trigger Point Therapy Workbook

Started by ronr, May 20, 2009, 07:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

It looks like a great deal of the book is now on-line.

It shows the trigger points online, but does not talk you through how to treat those points without buying the book.

http://www.triggerpointbook.com/index.html
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Country_guy

Figures, anything for money. I bought a book similar to this one, and it did nothing for me. I guess they need money and..............

Before I get my blood pressure to far up, I'm going to shut up now.

tojo

I will have to double check but I believe this is the same book that came with my Back Knobber. It is full of pix and diagrams. It explains way more than I can understand about trigger points than I can comprehend. It shows you how to get to them using different objects and your hands. As far as i can tell this is gonna be the most complete comprehensive book that will ever be put out on TRPs. There is even a long intro about the author and how he got to where he is now.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

rwilli

:)  tojo.......it probably is, I see the words....theracane and another that are from the back knobber site. I am a firm believer in TRP's but they say push for a couple of days and they will go away.........BS. I have been pushing on mine for many years now. Get them to release and the next day they are back.
  My whole muscle will get as hard as a rock. I'm talking about the mastoid and a couple of others in the neck. I can spend an hour getting it to soften up, then turn my head and it will be as hard as a rock again.
  It took many years to get down to the TRP's but then they will not go away, for longer than a day. I have one in my right forearm, that is like a rock and have been workink on it for 10+ years and still have not been ablr to get to the bottom of it. I can get a few layers to melt away but they will come back.
   I can think of 40+ of them that I have been obsessed with and have maybe gotten rid if 2-3. They have it right but they are much harder to actually get rid of, than they say. Or mine are worse than they say.
   I have got hard knots in the right side of my neck now. They feel just like what the DR's said were swollen glands 50+ years ago. Even at 14-15 I didn't believe them. But maybe I now have the right side to the point it was at 15.   . I hope I live long enough.   :emorant:      Ron

db

I think the book is good but the treatments are not enough for those with fibromyalgia.  However, I try to use it as a guide for my accupuncture treatment.  Still haven't gotten rid of the trigger points but don't know what else to do.  I guess I'm just stubborn  :blowup: or crazy  :insane: to keep on trying.  Don't know if there are any better options out there.

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk